An African Villa is a beautiful, impeccably managed B&B in Cape Town that made our Cape Town vacation better than expected--in fact we commented that our entire experience would have been diminished if we had stayed in the commercial downtown or by the V&A waterfront and not had Louis's and Jimmy's recommendations right from the start. An African Villa is close to good restaurants and bars and convenient to sites like Table Mountain. Truly fantastic service from breakfast and evening pre-dinner drinks to recommendations for restaurants and activities that allowed us to maximize our time in Cape Town and see things not in travel guides. The rooms are idyllic, clean, and comfortable--we even had a view of Table Mountain to wake up to.
Another reviewer said it very well: "The reviews by travel magazines of your Villa have been earned with an eye on detail that is rare."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa