We (my wife, our two adult daughters and I) were all agreed that this was a fantastic place to stay and that we will return here next time we are in Cape Town. The rooms are well appointed, clean and spacious. You can always tell whether a place is clean or not by the state of the bathrooms. You won't be disappointed here.
The communal areas are also places you would want to be in.
Fantastic breakfast. Lovely little back patio to enjoy it in.
So everything you would want from a four star guest house you have here. To this add wonderful hospitality. Louis and Antonette could not have been more helpful if they tried. Nothing was too much trouble and they just couldn't do enough for you. Their wealth of local knowledge made our trip to this wonderful city even better.
We found the locals in Cape Town, no matter whee we went, to be truly friendly and hospitable. The bus system in the city works really well and is inexpensive. We travelled all over the place by public transport and found it to be clean and reliable.
The food is exceptional and to say it was good value for money would be an understatement.
We visited the Biscuit Mill, Camps Bay, Tabletop Mountain and Clifton.
Can't wait to be back and we hope to stay at An African Villa again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa