An African Villa
US$134
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$882
US$489
Hotels.com
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$169
Taj Hotels
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$130
Hilton
  • Pool
US$218
US$209
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$278
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$220
US$174
Agoda.com
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
US$623
US$489
Agoda.com
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
US$209
US$181
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$350
1,041 results
All reviewsplatinum roomhonesty bartable mountaincomplimentary sherry and portafrican themehonor systemmillers thumbguest housewithin walking distancequiet neighborhoodstay in cape townplunge poolperfect place to staycooked breakfastkloof streetcommon areascar hire
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We (my wife, our two adult daughters and I) were all agreed that this was a fantastic place to stay and that we will return here next time we are in Cape Town. The rooms are well appointed, clean and spacious. You can always tell whether a place is clean or not by the state of the bathrooms. You won't be disappointed here.
The communal areas are also places you would want to be in.
Fantastic breakfast. Lovely little back patio to enjoy it in.
So everything you would want from a four star guest house you have here. To this add wonderful hospitality. Louis and Antonette could not have been more helpful if they tried. Nothing was too much trouble and they just couldn't do enough for you. Their wealth of local knowledge made our trip to this wonderful city even better.
We found the locals in Cape Town, no matter whee we went, to be truly friendly and hospitable. The bus system in the city works really well and is inexpensive. We travelled all over the place by public transport and found it to be clean and reliable.
The food is exceptional and to say it was good value for money would be an understatement.
We visited the Biscuit Mill, Camps Bay, Tabletop Mountain and Clifton.
Can't wait to be back and we hope to stay at An African Villa again.

Room Tip: We had one Gold and one Platinum room. Both rooms were equally good. This place gets booked up pretty quickly I would imagine, so take whatever you can get. There's not much difference in the price.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I spent our 2-year wedding anniversary here and had such an amazing time. We were made to feel so welcome and at home and we were even spoiled with a bottle of bubbly. We will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This was the second time that we have stayed at An African Villa and it was the right decision to return. The staff are really helpful and full of great tips for Cape Town and the local area round the hotel. If I had to give a tip, I'd recommend staying in one of the upstairs rooms as they're a bit quieter.

Room Tip: As before, the rooms upstairs are slightly quieter than the downstairs rooms. I'd also suggest asking the owners for tips on where to eat/go in the local area. I've been to Cape Town lots of times but they were full of great recommendations for places I knew nothing about.
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed for five nights in January 2014. Housekeeping staff members are really friendly; there is a nice atmosphere at breakfast. Breakfast is delicious. Our room was light and airy with a view of Table Mountain. Terrace and garden are pretty; big downside is that guests are allowed to smoke outside; while having breakfast it was annoying and sometimes we would not open the door to not let cigarette smoke in (from the garden). We used the laundry service and everything has shrunk. As a result I had to give parts of my holiday wardrobe to charity (1 mini skirt, 6 singlets, 7 T-Shirts, 1 blouse, 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of long trousers). At least it is a good thing to do. I heavily advise everyone to not use their laundry service. I spoke to the blonde Lady at reception (so very sorry that I cannot remember her name) about the issue and she said she was sorry, that was it, she was not really bothered and I would have wished for a bit more enthusiasm. We also had our beach towels cleaned and they were fine though. The location is not too bad, in a pretty neighborhood of CT.

1  Thank TravelsFromAtoZ
africanvilla, Owner at An African Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear "DorCologne "
Sorry to read about your disappointing experience at our establishment. We have taken note of your complaint about the smoking in the courtyard. The South Africa Government enforces a no-smoking policy and does not allow smoking INSIDE public areas, and our establishment upholds that same policy and do not allow any smoking inside our bedrooms or inside the common areas. This means that smoking is only allowed outside our establishment and guests use the OPEN courtyard for that purpose. I, myself am a non-smoker, but it is very difficult to supervise the outside OPEN courtyard area as to where guests are allowed to smoke or not, but we have taken your complaint on board and have introduced a "NO-SMOKING DURING BREAKFAST TIME" policy as a courtesy to other non-smoking guests.

Regarding your laundry complaint.
I am sorry to hear you experienced problems with our laundry service.
We have been using the services of this laundry company for almost 9 years now and we have never experienced any problems with guest laundry before. We also send all the bed linen and bath towels from our establishment to the same laundry company – all these items are 100% cotton and we’ve never experienced any shrinkage problems before. Our records indicate that 5 guests sent personal laundry out on the same day as you and none of the other 4 guests alerted us of shrinking laundry as experienced by yourself on that day. I checked with the laundry company as to what washing cycle they use for laundry. They only wash in cold water (unless a special request is made for hot water wash), and they do tumble dry all laundry as they do not have airing facilities to hang laundry out to dry naturally. We try our best to take care of guest’s personal laundry and we supply 2 laundry bags in each bedroom. One laundry bag for light colours and one for dark colours. For any other special requests, we pin a note onto the laundry bag to alert the laundry of the request. I am not sure if your personal laundry items had special care instructions such as “ DO NOT TUMBLE DRY” – if this was not communicated to the laundry, they would’ve washed and tumbled as per their normal procedure.
As I mentioned, this was an isolated case and not the norm and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was a great boutique hotel just outside of one of the major downtown areas of Cape Town. The most impressive part of the experience is the staff/owners. Every day they stop by your table as you eat an amazing breakfast and help you plan your day. They take time to make sure you know exactly what you are doing and let you know if your planning should be tweaked at all. The rooms are really nice and the on-suite bathrooms are great. You can walk from the hotel to lots of great restaurants but it's far enough off the main streets that parking is easy. All in all, the perfect hotel for a short stay in Cape Town!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second or third floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple