An African Villa is centrally located in a lovely neighbourhood on the slopes of Lion's Head and Signal Hill. Popular Kloof street seamed with trendy shops and eateries is within walking distance of the "villa".
Guests can relax downstairs in the lounge areas or make use of free internet facilities provided. Free wifi is also available in the rooms. During summertime the sun can be soaked up next to a small splash pool in the outside courtyard. Refreshments are available at anytime from the honesty bar in the kitchen.
The tastefully decorated, spacious room I stayed in on the first floor facing the courtyard offered a comfortable king size bed with good quality linen. A small television with a basic choice of channels is available for those deciding to stay in and relax. The en-suite bathroom has a shower with good water pressure and bath (including salts) with more than enough quality towels. A bathrobe and slippers would have been a treat - especially since I stayed on a cool, wet weekend at the start of winter. That said, the heat panels in the bed and bathroom more than made up for it.
If you are after a powerful hairdryer, perhaps management should be notified in advance. I am sure this can be arranged by the friendly and helpful staff. The one provided will serve its purpose but may pose a challenge to those with a generous head of hair or contemporary hairstyle.
Tea and coffee making facilities are available in the room. I did not use this since I enjoyed bottomless filter coffee with breakfast in the morning. A bit of soft background music would have been welcome in the dining room to break the sometimes awkward silence.
I have enjoyed my stay at An African Villa and will recommend it to travellers that are after simple, comfortable accommodation in a more peaceful environment. If it is mainstream, contemporary fair that you are after, perhaps one of the larger chain hotels should be considered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa