We booked An African Villa for the first week of a five week holiday involving our wedding in Franschhoek, then our honeymoon, then back to Cape Town. We stayed there with my family and friends who were visiting Cape Town for the first time. All together we were quite a big group but were looked after amazingly well by the African Villa crew.
I have been to Cape Town many times before and stayed in various different hotels and B&B's (my husband is south african and very fussy!) and I can safely say that we've found our favourite place to stay from now on.
Firstly, the staff are amazing. Honestly the most accommodating, friendly and helpful people I think I've ever met whilst staying in a hotel. The breakfasts are just out of this world! (my mum still goes on about them). Believe all the reviews about the pancakes, they are amazing. And the setting by the pool is such a lovely start to the day. The rooms are lovely, bright, modern and homely.
One of the many brilliant reviews of this hotel said likened it to "Staying at a rich friends villa in Cape Town". I couldn't agree more! We will be back again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa