We stayed 4 nights at An African Villa in the beginning of our 2 week trip to South Africa. The 1st 2 nights we had no car, and picked up a hired car (Avis is a ~30 rand taxi ride away) for the other 2 nights. Parking on the the street was not an issue, and the location made driving out to Cape Point and the Winelands very convenient.
We had a platinum room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard (A1). The room was modern, good size, and beautiful. This room is also away from any common areas, which is nice. The staff was friendly, helpful and very informed. The weather was quite unstable when we were there, but the staff's recommendation each day worked out perfectly. There were lots of extras, which other reviews already mentioned. They add to the comfort of the place, making it a perfect place to see West Cape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa