We stayed at An African Villa for 15 nights in January/February. It was our second stay and was just as good as ever. From the minute you walk in the front door the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Cindy, Keith, Jimmy and Louis are perfect hosts. Nothing is too much trouble. We had a Platinum room this time with a balcony overlooking the road. Sitting on the balcony was very relaxing after a day out sightseeing. The room is very large and well appointed. The bathroom is modern with a large shower and double basins. Everything was spotlessly clean. The rooms are extremely comfortable and there is nothing that hasn't been thought of. Breakfast is included in the tarriff and is a highlight. It the weather is good, tables set with crisp white cloths are set around the pool. Such a lovely setting. If the weather isn't good, there is a very well decorated dining room. Juices, cereals, fruits and much more are on display. Breakfasts are cooked to order and served by the loveliest staff, many of whom have been at An African Villa for a long time. The honesty bar is very convenient and extras such as complimentary cake and port in the evening make this B & B stand out from the rest. There are computers with free internet available and a very comfortable lounge area. The B & B is in a wonderful position and it isn't far to walk in to the city, V & A Waterfront, Cape Quarer or the Mt Nelson for afternoon tea. If you don't feel like walking a courtesy phone calls a taxi in no time. Safe street parking is available if you have a car. The area is full of excellent restaurants which are within walking distance of the B & B. I can't say enough about An African Villa and wouldn't stay anywhere else if we return to Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. As required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar and guest fridge in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, SpeedyBooker.com and Odigeo so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa