“Dreams do come true”
Review of Hike Cape Town

Hike Cape Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided Hikes & Trail Runs in Cape Town, South Africa.
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Barry made my lifelong dream come true.Being on my own he was a wonderful guide and company. He kept me going at a steady pace and rewarded me with forfilling my dream to climb Table Mountain in Capetown and a sandwich sitting at the top. I wish I could do it all again so get Barry at www.hikecapetown.co.za to full dreams

1  Thank Rebecca H

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Having been fortunate enough to be guided to some of the most panoramic spots in Cape Town and surrounds by Barry I honestly can't recommend his tours enough.

Coming from a region where there's no snow (thinking there's no snow in Cape Town either) and being taken up to the majestic Victoria Peak in the Jonkershoek Nature reserve and playing in the snow on the summit has definitely been an absolute highlight for me.

On Table Mountain itself being guided across Carrel's Ledge was another highlight. This was a truly special event and something I would never have dreamt of doing without someone experienced and with such intimate knowledge of these lesser traveled routes/gems.

Can't wait for the next excursion, after every trip I feel like I've learnt so much about the beautiful mountains in the Cape surrounds and yet still have so much to learn.

Barry is a phenomenal guide and this is a must do for any mountain fanatics visiting the Cape!!

(I've included some pics from our Victoria Peak excursion, but like everything on the mountains photos don't do the experience justice)

1  Thank Armand d
Reviewed 9 September 2013

As a local, I am fairly familiar with much of the most traveled routes on the Cape Peninsula. But when the need for a trip along the unexplored or out of the way routes comes along, I always speak to Hike Cape Town.

Besides an in depth knowledge, they always exhibit an empathy with the less fit and a great sense of humour to help make the day a great experience!

2  Thank Douglas R
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I and my nephews enjoyed a lovely hike to Elephant's Eye with Barry from www.hikecapetown.co.za. He set a good pace; taking my need for a gentler stride into account without letting me slack unnecessarily. It was a mild spring day and the river water to splash in en-route, along with Barry's interesting observations made for a memorable day. I highly recommend hiking with this guide; the added bonus of local lore and experience are priceless.

1  Thank BongoHeritage
Reviewed 22 August 2013

If you want to try something different in Cape Town and want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, there is no better way than with Hike Cape Town. We had a great hike in the Table Mountain Nature Reserve even though visiting in June the weather wasnt that great, our guide was both very knowledgable and very informative. The views from the back of Table Mountain are majestic and offer a breathtaking view of the ocean and Cape Towns wonderful beaches. For the those who feel for soemthing abit more exertive Hike Cape Town also offers trail runs. If you want to be out in nature, then defiinitely go Hike Cape Town