“PROFESSIONAL HIKING AND GUIDING” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hike Cape Town

Hike Cape Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided Hikes & Trail Runs in Cape Town, South Africa.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PROFESSIONAL HIKING AND GUIDING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have had the pleasure of doing many mountain running and hiking adventures with Barry Washkansky and have always been impressed by his professionalism and incredible knowledge of the mountains and trails around Cape Town and beyond. An adventurous guide but with a great eye for safety and the comfort of those accompanying him. He also has the knack of gauging the level and abilities of the group he is with and adjusting the activities accordingly and allowing people to get full value from their experience. If you want to see parts of the Cape mountains that few people get to enjoy, then this is the man to go with, even if you're a local and think that you know the mountains. There will be some big surprises for you.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tim B

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Matroosberg snow adventure with Hike Cape Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Whether you want to experience a gentle hike up and around Table Mountain or an adventurous hike, climb or scramble in some of the less known parts of the Western Cape, Barry is your man! On all the trips that I went with him, he was always very professional and very level headed. Checking out routes for potential group runs, he always provides great advice on route choices and alternatives for different experience levels. I trust him with my life.

Visited July 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Dreams do come true”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Barry made my lifelong dream come true.Being on my own he was a wonderful guide and company. He kept me going at a steady pace and rewarded me with forfilling my dream to climb Table Mountain in Capetown and a sandwich sitting at the top. I wish I could do it all again so get Barry at www.hikecapetown.co.za to full dreams

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rebecca H
“Majestic Mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Having been fortunate enough to be guided to some of the most panoramic spots in Cape Town and surrounds by Barry I honestly can't recommend his tours enough.

Coming from a region where there's no snow (thinking there's no snow in Cape Town either) and being taken up to the majestic Victoria Peak in the Jonkershoek Nature reserve and playing in the snow on the summit has definitely been an absolute highlight for me.

On Table Mountain itself being guided across Carrel's Ledge was another highlight. This was a truly special event and something I would never have dreamt of doing without someone experienced and with such intimate knowledge of these lesser traveled routes/gems.

Can't wait for the next excursion, after every trip I feel like I've learnt so much about the beautiful mountains in the Cape surrounds and yet still have so much to learn.

Barry is a phenomenal guide and this is a must do for any mountain fanatics visiting the Cape!!

(I've included some pics from our Victoria Peak excursion, but like everything on the mountains photos don't do the experience justice)

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Armand d
Cape Town
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hike Cape Town - expert guiding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

As a local, I am fairly familiar with much of the most traveled routes on the Cape Peninsula. But when the need for a trip along the unexplored or out of the way routes comes along, I always speak to Hike Cape Town.

Besides an in depth knowledge, they always exhibit an empathy with the less fit and a great sense of humour to help make the day a great experience!

Visited May 2013