We stayed in Big Blue Hostel at the very end of our trip travelling from Malawi to Cape Town and decided to treat ourselves to a private room. (Judging from other reviews, maybe that's the secret!) Crisp white bed sheets, big fluffy white towels and high ceilings; it was more like staying in a hotel, but with hostel prices!
Admittedly, there wasn't much of a "party vibe" at this hostel, but it was the perfect base for us to explore the city. The waterfront is just 5 minutes walk away and the city centre and beaches are all within easy walking distance.
I've already recommended this hostel to friends and will certainly return on my next trip to Cape Town!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our backpackers is located centrally in Cape Town, in walking distance from the V&A Waterfront and the city centre (both 10 minutes walk). We offer a great location at afforadable prices with friendly and helpful staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Big Blue Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Blue Backpackers Hotel Cape Town Central
- Big Blue Backpackers Cape Town, South Africa