We enjoyed a three day stay here after a safari and visit to Victoria Falls. What a beautiful place. The décor is meticulous, the colors soothing, the rooms luxurious. Our room was large with a walk-in closet containing a bench, lots of shelving, safe and hanger rod. Two towels were provided. The bathroom was small but had good space to hold your personal items. There was a tub, shower, towel warmer and view of Table Mountain. The toiletries were especially nice. The bathroom needed another towel rack and maybe a hook for your robe.
The bedding was very soft and plenty of pillows were provided. Across the bed was a large desk with minibar, the best hairdryer I've ever had in a room, adaptors, lamp, TV, etc. In the drawer was a nice book they put together outlining tours, restaurants, etc. A variety of interesting magazines were on the end tables for bedtime reading.
The front desk staff arranged several tours for us - efficient and seamless. All the staff were very professional, yet still friendly. The location was perfect - we walked to the waterfront and market, and to dinner every night. Breakfast was a nice buffet with some hot options as well. All of the food was delicious. In the evening there are snacks available and an honor bar. I enjoyed a glass of wine. Prices were very reasonable, for the minibar too. There are several sitting areas in the common areas with huge comfortable cushions, lots of interesting books and magazines. There is a small courtyard between the building containing lounge chairs and a small pool. Every wall contains interesting paints and art work. I wish my house could look so good!
If I ever get back to Cape Town I would not stay anywhere else. The atmosphere, facilities and service were top notch. It was the perfect end to a wonderful trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Welgelegen Boutique Hotel - an urban sanctuary in the heart of Cape Town". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Welgelegen Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welgelegen Hotel Cape Town Central
- Welgelegen Boutique Hotel Cape Town, South Africa