Stayed here during our 12-day SmarTour Highlights of South Africa Tour. My party liked this hotel alot!
• Centrally located, walking distance to Long Street, Greenmarket Square and St.George's Mall.
• LOVE LOVE the daily breakfast buffet (6:30-10AM)- all the food is excellent from the cheese bar, baked goods, meats, and eggs. They even have a green/fruit juice bar that you can order your customized green juice or smoothie. You can also order a delicious cappuccino or latte that comes with bfast.
• Happy with our spacious and clean room. We had a view of the ocean with a bit of the mountain range. The bed and sheets are super clean and comfortable. The blankets are very heavy so I turned the temperature to the lowest and as a result slept very well under the covers.
• Shower pressure is strong and hot water comes instantly.
• You can request a hairdryer from room service.
• They have free shuttle service to the Waterfront- sometimes it gets so crowded you end up having to take a taxi. They need to have a sign for shuttle status because we and other guests got frustrated when we had to wait and ask around to find out why the shuttle was late when it had in fact left because it was already full.
• The WiFi can be vastly improved. They have some kind of firewall that makes Gmail very slow and iffy. The interface gets broken and you cannot attach pictures to Gmail anymore, which is very annoying since most of us want to email pictures back to family and friends. The WiFi at the Waterfront is much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the centre of where it's all happening and with magnificent views over Table Mountain and Robben Island, the four star Southern Sun Cape Sun is ideally located for visitors who want to experience one of the world's most beautiful cities. Hotel guests are invited to make use of facilities like the free Wi-Fi, indoor pool, fitness centre and Camelot Spa. For business needs the hotel offers nine fully equipped conference venues with space for up to 650 delegates There are many great restaurants and bars within walking distance but our free shuttle bus departs regularly to the nearby Victoria & Alfred Waterfront providing convenient access to a range of harbour-side restaurants and first class shopping, offering great appeal to visitors in search of an indulgent escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Southern Sun Cape Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel Cape Town Central
- Southern Sun Cape Town
- Southern Sun Cape Sun Cape Town, South Africa