Stayed at the Cape Sun on 21 Dec 2013. Was a little disappointed as in the heart of city centre, no parking at the hotel, we had to walk up the road and across the street to park and then had to pay R95 a night for parking! Our hotel room was on the 31 floor, while waiting for the lift, we heard the lift alarm continuously going off. Our lift arrived, and all the way to the ground floor we heard the lift alarm being sounded. When we reached the bottom we told the staff someone must be trapped in the lift, they did not even know about it. Found the hotel lacking in entertainment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the centre of where it's all happening and with magnificent views over Table Mountain and Robben Island, the four star Southern Sun Cape Sun is ideally located for visitors who want to experience one of the world's most beautiful cities. Hotel guests are invited to make use of facilities like the free Wi-Fi, indoor pool, fitness centre and Camelot Spa. For business needs the hotel offers nine fully equipped conference venues with space for up to 650 delegates There are many great restaurants and bars within walking distance but our free shuttle bus departs regularly to the nearby Victoria & Alfred Waterfront providing convenient access to a range of harbour-side restaurants and first class shopping, offering great appeal to visitors in search of an indulgent escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Southern Sun Cape Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel Cape Town Central
- Southern Sun Cape Town
- Southern Sun Cape Sun Cape Town, South Africa