Southern Sun Cape Sun
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$518
US$446
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$239
US$231
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$878
  • Breakfast included
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$249
US$277
US$259
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$169
US$149
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
US$221
US$164
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$225
US$168
Agoda.com
Pepperclub Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$107
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$390
US$349
1,047 results
All reviewsstrand streettable mountaintsogo sunhigh floorfree shuttletwo oceanswater frontshuttle serviceroom servicelong streetper daybuffet breakfastenjoyed my stayexcellent hotelrooms are spaciousthe hotel offersbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Cape Sun is a centrally located hotel for traveler visiting Cape Town. One of the very few tall structures in the CBD and just opposite to the Railway station with many other tourist attractions around, its a comfortable and pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms above 25th Floor and facing south-west gives terrific view of the Table Mountain both very early morning and late in the evening.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Charlene C, Guest Relations Manager at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear AfricaSafariIN
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on the Cape Sun.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cape Sun in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

After a few serious meetings in Cape Town, I decided to have a glass of wine somewhere. I met a friend from the Karoo and I suggested the Cape Sun, because Ive had a few glasses of wine there previously... The service was too good to be true. I think his name was Robert. It was all his fault that we ended up in Riempies Restaurant! Once again, Robert introduced us to the Chef who must have realised this man is hungry! We both had the most amazing sirlion steaks, must have been about 350gm each... I could not finish the last bite. We were offered desserts as a parting gift. What a man! What an establishment... I'll be back, for another glass of wine...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yesja

Dear Yesja
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on the Cape Sun.

We are delighted that you enjoyes our Riempies Restaurant and we look forward in welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel for two nights while on a business trip to Cape Town. The hotel has an old worldly charm with its huge hanging chandeliers, marble and wooden panels. It was very, very nice to go up and down to the hotel room in the glass enclosed outside lifts, the view towards Table Mountain is magnificent. My room was clean and comfortable especially after a day filled with meetings. The dinner served in the Riempies restaurant was wonderful although the selection of food in the buffet could do with a few more typical Cape Malay dishes. The breakfast buffet was somewhat limited and did not come close to the breakfast buffet served at the Elangeni in Durban.
All the staff that I came into contact with were very attentive and friendly and some even took the trouble to find out my name (without my knowledge)and addressed me accordingly. Sweet gesture. I did not like it when the security at the elevator asked me to produce my room card on the second night of my stay and although I appreciate that care should be taken as far as security and unwanted elements are concerned, I think it could be handled more discreetly as it was very embarrassing for me. Other than these minor things I had a wonderful time at the Cape Sun and will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Charlene C, Guest Relations Manager at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear LawrencePenny0
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on the Cae Sun.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Cape Sun in the not too distant future.

c: 076 176 5379

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Southern cape. Sun
Our first stop on our South Africa travels.after a long series of flights it was comforting to arrive at a spic and slick downtown hotel in Cape Town.
Centrally located , with shuttle to the waterfront, and glassed in elevators to give you your first glimpse of the city, from either north or south,just helped build the excitement for the trip starting the next day.The evening buffet offered many choices, and this was compounded by an equally full breakfast.
Do not get excited about the fitness center, as there is a treadmill and machine or two, and has a small pool facing a blank wall up on the top floor. This is not an activity, but just a place for a diehard that wants to maintain his program and not veg and do nothing between meals.
The hotel is literally minutes from most things you would want to see in Capetown, including the historical sites, and of course Table Mountain gondola.
Staff is very obliging for anything you need.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elliott S
Charlene C, Guest Relations Manager at Southern Sun Cape Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear ElliotS
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on the Cape Sun.

We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us and would like to advise you that we are in the process of finalizing the dates for our refurbishment which includes a gym area.

We do hope that we will be your Hotel of choice when you visit Cape Town again.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

1. After a long day of conferencing, the floor manager Grant asked me how I was and I told him I was exhausted. In a few minutes he appeared with one of THE most amazing cocktails I have ever tasted. I asked him to sup rose me and he did! That cocktail should be named The Grant and put on the drinks list ASAP!!!
2. Concierge (Abdul?) was super helpful and showed me the way to the hotel barber
3. Only gripe is the sofa in the rooms, the upholstery is worn and used so you can feel the hard furniture of the frame when you sit down - hardly relaxing!
4. Loren on check out was great
5. We need to do something about the fact that the Hotel security allows skollies/beggars to hang around at the edges of the hotel entrance. This does not make the guest feel welcome or safe and is unsettling.
6. I am returning to stay for 17 days today and look forward to an even better stay at Hotel that is fast feeling like home!
7. As a black card holder I understand that we will no longer qualify for room upgrades and that is sad as it was one of the few perks of being loyal to this brand.
8. Well done to management - the effects of training and hands on, visible management is clear and directly impacted my experience for the better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Dear JohannesburgTian
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on the Cape Sun.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to advise you that all the sofa's in the room will be brand new in line with our refurbishment that will be taking place in 2015. We do have a new rewards system in place where the rewards are much bigger than previous, however should you require an upgrade, this will now be possible with using your Sundrands that can be redeemed at any time.

We hope to welcome you back to the Cape Sun in the not too distant future.