“Lunch ”

Ranked #97 of 1,173 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely place with an original decor. Loved the look and feel of the place. Service was not so great, waited a while for our meal. Food was alright, great presentation.

There are newer reviews for La Parada Bree Street

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Used to have great vibe over lunch, but the buzz is gone. Great decor and location, but food quality and service now poor. In need of serious intervention to re-energise.

1  Thank 37Traveller
Reviewed 26 February 2014

You HAVE to go to La Parada! It's a fabulous lively night out. Always packed. Great tapas, great staff, great vibe. Long bars with stools for communal seating so you can't fail to get talking and meet people.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

One of those great places where you pop in for one drink afterwork and you end up leaving at 11pm that night.

Affordable and tasty tapas
Good drinks

Awesome vibe.

A definate must.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I visited La Parada in Bree Street about 3 months after they opened, I am a big believer in letting restaurants figure out any teething problems they might have BEFORE I step foot anywhere near them. And in this case I think it was a particularly good idea.
Most of the initial reviews I read stated that the decor and vibe of the venue was extraordinary, but that the food and service left you disappointed.

Since Dec I have been there 3 times, once with a big rowdy group drinking and eating tapas, another time a more intimate smaller group for dinner and finally for drinks during the day.

Each of these experiences were completely different. With the big group, taking up one of the long tables, we all ordered at different times and to separate bills, it was a packed Friday night and our waiter definitely seemed overwhelmed. I don’t think we made it very easy for him though and he kept his sense of humour but in terms of service it was not great. The tapas we ordered were good and tasty, although nothing too memorable…but the cocktails – yum!
It was on this first visit that we discovered their 2L jug of red berry Sangria, absolutely amazing and for R100 I think a very good deal! On my second visit we sat at one of the tables against the wall, much smaller group, more Sangria, some delicious spicy steak and calamari tapas and very good service!

My third visit comprised of more Sangria (ha ha noticing a definite trend here) sitting at the street side tables – this was also a fantastic experience. Loved the day drinking and seeing all the activity on Bree street, the service was great again!

So all in all I love this venue, I cannot wait to make an entire night out of it and go to their new downstairs club – Bunker Bar! I think it is definitely a drinks and party venue, ideal for before or after dinner, and if like me you are not too much of a fussy foodie you will really enjoy the food! I plan to go back again next week and have full expectations that my 4th visit will be even better than the last 3! Yay, keep it up!

UPDATE:
on my 4th visit I had the smashed eggs - beyond amazing, best thing on their menu in my opinion!