Though I travel often I rarely take the time to review them online, but the character and warmth of this hotel prompts me to give it my highest recommendation. All of the things I seek in a hotel are present: location, sense of place, tasteful design, spacious rooms, welcoming atmosphere, prompt can-do service, good internet, thoughtful touches and spot on local recommendations. We stayed our first night at the Mount Nelson around the corner, which was lovely for a chain hotel, but I can truly say that had we not switched to Cape Cadogan our entire visit to Cape Town would have been much less enjoyable. For us it was an upgrade in almost all respects and cost about one third less.
As with any historic property, there are some minor compromises on functionality in the rooms (e.g. placement of electrical outlets), but I was very impressed that the main things (climate control, bathrooms, sound, lighting) were done well, which is no small feat in an old building . If a hard to reach electrical outlet is the price to be paid for the level of charm Cadogan delivers, it is well worth it.
In addition to creating a great place, the owners and management have done a fine job of staffing. Amber, Wisdom and all of the staff were lovely. I own several high end boutique hotels and know how difficult this is, so hats off to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a rare combination of historic exteriors with classic modern bohemian interiors, it was ‘Victorianised’ in 1912 and declared a National Monument in 1984. Its charm and character is matched with its desirable location amongst the popular restaurants, street cafes and stylish boutique shops of Kloof Street, the heart of Cape Town. More Cape Cadogan is owned and managed by the More Hotels Private Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Cape Cadogan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cape Cadogan Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Cape Town Cadogan
- The Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Cadogan Cape Town, South Africa