All reviewskloof streetour honeymoontable mountainprivate courtyardhot water bottlesdouble showerplunge poolgreat boutiquethis small boutique hotelluxury roombreakfast room iswithin walking distancefirst stopthree nightssouth africalovely roomeach evening
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The staff were excellent and took good care of us while in Cape Town, ideally located near good restaurants. Accommodation, first class as was breakfasts.
We had a great view of Table Mountain from our patio.

Room Tip: Room 8 - the pick of the bunch for us.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
DirkCJacobs, Assistant Operations Manager at Cape Cadogan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thank you for the review and thank you for the kind words! I am happy that you enjoyed staying in our luxury room and that you enjoyed the breakfast - I will be sure to let Hilda and Grace know.

It was a pleasure hosting you - our home is your home.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here for three nights in September 2013 and were very impressed with their fabulous service. All of the staff a very friendly and helpful and will gladly help you choose places to go and things to do. We had a lovely large room, large, comfortable bed and a massive bathroom with walk in shower. A couple of the nights were a little chilly and we returned from our evening meal to find hot water bottles had been put under the covers to warm the bed, a very nice touch and greatly appreciated!

We would like to give special thanks to Pelo for her assistance and hard work

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review! We pride ourselves in providing great service and to add personal touches like the hot water bottles to make our guests feel at home.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back soon - our home is your home.

Dirk

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Location ideal for being a touch out of centre(5 minutes) but in a quiet area. Lots of life / pubs/ restaurants within walking distance.
We were in the Presidential suite with lounge ,own plunge pool, 7 ft bed .fab shower/ bath etc.Magnificent.
Hospitality the best the staff could not do enough to help but in an understated way. Even getting me a doctor quickly due to Sinusitis

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this great review! It was a pleasure hosting you in our suite and I am happy that you found our service and facilities up to standard.

I hope to welcome you back to Cape Cadogan - our home is your home.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

My husband and I traveled to South Africa over Thanksgiving holiday. We stayed in Cape Cadogan for 3 nights. I would say the best part about this hotel was how helpful the staff was. We had no set plans prior to getting to Cape Town. We had some friends staying at Kensington Place and Cape Cadogan's staff arranged our wine tour, Shark Diving, and reservations for dinner for both us and our friends.

The rooms were very nice, loved the big shower in the bathroom, and the little mini bar. We did take advantage of the laundry service while we were there.

Location was great because it was near lots of restaurants and away from the "touristy" part of town. However, you could take a shuttle during the day or night to go to Waterfront and was pretty close. We looked at staying in Waterfront but it's very $$ and touristy. After visiting Waterfront, it's like San Francisco ..everybody raves about Waterfront but we thought it was overrated. If your staying in Cape Town, I would def. stay at Cape Cadogan!. However, if you only have a very small time in South Africa and don't like big cities or crowds, I would stay outside of city in Hermanus or one of the other Wine Country regions and then just go into Cape Town for a day trip.

Room Tip: We had a luxury suite. Bathroom was awesome, terrace I didn't have a view since it was walled off… We were on the first floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review! Our aim is to provide our guests with an authentic experience that draws from local surroundings and people. We try and stay away from tourist oriented establishments to make this happen and I ham happy that you experienced it as such.

I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Saw that someone was "disappointed." Hard to even imagine how someone could be disappointed with Cape Cadogan, and my wife and I have high standards The staff was all absolutely 100%, the accommodations lovely, and the location -- a bit away from the craziness at the waterfront, and the gated timeshares down there -- perfect. Absolutely would not hesitate to go again, and to recommend heartily. If you are disappointed at Cape Cadogan, perhaps one of those commercially, sterile, timeshares would be better suited to your taste, but if you want an intimate, charming getaway, this is a great place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Philip W
DirkCJacobs, Assistant Operations Manager at Cape Cadogan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our team - they will appreciate it very much!

You are absolutely right in saying that we are not like any other hotel in Cape Town - we provide a charming environment and unique experience to our guests that reflects the true culture of the Mother City.

Thank you for visiting - our home is your home.

Best Regards,