We stayed here for the first few days of our honeymoon a few weeks ago and what a place to start our trip. Our room was great, really spacious with a huge bathroom with marble wet room style shower and corner bath.
The service was top class all the time with staff helping us by recommending local restaurants, ordering us taxis and recommeding and organising tours for us. Every member of staff was pleasant and cheerful and always seemed really glad to see you which made us feel so at home.
Breakfast was really nice with a cold buffet with meats, cheeses, pastries, yogurts and cereals but the lovely cook made delicious cooked breakfasts too.
The staff left cookies or sweets by your bed for when you returned in the evening which was lovely and one night they left us a bottle of champagne and decorated our room with rose petals as recognition of our honeymoon - a really nice touch.
Drinks and nibbles are available in the lounge during the evening and this proved really useful as we met lots of fellow guests and shared tips on what to do and which restaurants to visit.
The hotel is within walking distance of some great restaurants, in particular Millers Thumb, and we felt safe walking in the area immediately around the hotel although when we got more than a few streets away we did start to feel a bit less comfortable so we would recommend taxis if visiting further afield.
All in all this hotel was great and if you get the opportunity please stay here, you won't regret it. We'll definitely be back when we next visit Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a rare combination of historic exteriors with classic modern bohemian interiors, it was ‘Victorianised’ in 1912 and declared a National Monument in 1984. Its charm and character is matched with its desirable location amongst the popular restaurants, street cafes and stylish boutique shops of Kloof Street, the heart of Cape Town. More Cape Cadogan is owned and managed by the More Hotels Private Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Cape Cadogan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cape Cadogan Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Cape Town Cadogan
- The Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Cadogan Cape Town, South Africa