Five star rating. We traveled to South Africa as part of a 30th anniversary present to each other. We stayed at the Cape Cadogan for four days and were thrilled. The staff, especially Kristen, Dade and Andy went out of their way to make us feel at home, help us with plans for shopping, touring, taxi, bags and restaurant recommendations.
We stayed in the "Owners Villa" which was an exceptional property, complete with a full kitchen, private pool area and living room.
The staff would greet us by name and bring us coffee each morning and insure that we felt comfortable with in our surroundings. We felt treated like royalty. We had a bottle of champagne and rose pedals on our bed one night. Each night, they offer sherry or port along with nuts and chocolate.
The hotel property is well maintained and clean, the location is great- a little off the beaten path but close to great shopping and restaurants while being quiet in a residential area. Security is an issue in South Africa but the hotel has 24 hour security and we felt very safe, taking taxis at night. Breakfast was very nice with an ample assortment of cold plates and cooked to order hot items.
Without exception everyone was great and we highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a rare combination of historic exteriors with classic modern bohemian interiors, it was ‘Victorianised’ in 1912 and declared a National Monument in 1984. Its charm and character is matched with its desirable location amongst the popular restaurants, street cafes and stylish boutique shops of Kloof Street, the heart of Cape Town. More Cape Cadogan is owned and managed by the More Hotels Private Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Cape Cadogan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cape Cadogan Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Cape Town Cadogan
- The Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Cadogan Cape Town, South Africa