Cape Cadogan is a small boutique hotel that originated as a farmhouse in the early 1800s. Even though it is quite old, the decor is modern and comfortable. The staff are very friendly, accommodating, and willing to help with directions and sight seeing. The made to order breakfast was very good and included continential food stuffs as well. The staff were willing to alter your order to your preference. The pool is teeny and more of a hot tub size but there is a nice patio. Each room has it's own private terrace or courtyard. You are welcomed with individualized cards and fruit. There is 1 computer for communal use and wireless is available although sometimes sporadic. The bathrooms are large. There are 2 common lounge areas. Snacks are always out including mini cupcakes (very good!), mixed chip mix, chocolates, and sherry.
*Why are the door handles so low?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a rare combination of historic exteriors with classic modern bohemian interiors, it was ‘Victorianised’ in 1912 and declared a National Monument in 1984. Its charm and character is matched with its desirable location amongst the popular restaurants, street cafes and stylish boutique shops of Kloof Street, the heart of Cape Town. More Cape Cadogan is owned and managed by the More Hotels Private Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Cape Cadogan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cape Cadogan Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Cape Town Cadogan
- The Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Cadogan Cape Town, South Africa