“Great value, service and taste!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maharajah

Maharajah
Ranked #131 of 1,136 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great value, service and taste!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This has been our local spot the past two years. Great to walk in and not order as the guys know what your regular dish is! We come here for the food, the service, and the consistency. We've gotten to know the staff well and would struggle to go anywhere else for a curry this good. We recently went to a five star curry place at one of Cape Towns best hotels, and the food was not as good. That alone should tell you about the Maharajah's quality and taste. Lamb curry off the bone, medium hot, chicken korma mild, paneer palak and a side of hot sauce, and tell them Robin sent you ;)

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Girls Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Great place, amazing Indian food and exceptional service. Cannot wait to go again. I recommend the lamb korma with nan bread best home made chutney ever!

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

This local Indian serves up large portions of delicious curry – the lamb off the bone was rich, flavoursome and tender. And the parathas were melt in the mouth. It'a also great value for money.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh my gosh... amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I visited this place without a clue - no expectations. i've just finished my chicken curry and i'm speechless. i live nearby, cant believe i didnt know about it.. absolutely great.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“AAAAAARRRRRGGGGG - the secret is out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am selfish. I have been eating here for years but I have never written anything about this place because I did not want to share this secret with all of you out there.... It was only since the owner asked me to write something here that I find myself obliged to share my secret spot. The personalized experience and the ABSOULTELY delicious food makes this place great..... what makes it FABULOUS though , is their good quality food for a REASONABLE price.....

Or maybe its more like a very reasonable price for brilliant culinary skills..... hence the secret

Anyway , dont let the dodgy aesthetics and icky toilet distract you , this place is something else. ..... There is a couple who sit at the same table every Friday night and order the same food and their wine is waiting for them before they even get there.... I have seen some very afluent diners and some average joes all enjoy this secret spot.

so here itis guys. I promised I would write a review and I have..... but I also hope no one reads it..... I would hate to pitch up there to find that one of the readers has taken my table

1 Thank Slartybartfarst