We stayed here for five nights with two teenage children, We arrived at night and first impressions were poor, with stained carpets in corridors and rooms, poor room lighting with no ambiance, functional fittings in bathroom, no atmosphere. Thought we would have to move hotels next day. However, in the morning all had slept well, plenty of hot water in the bathrooms, and good filling cooked breakfasts - we decided to stay. Rooms cleaned and beds made, towels changed daily. Children accomodated in next door room, didnt notice any noise at night. Good location with cheap and more expensive places to eat in 5 mins walking distance. Tap water is fine to drink. Dont go here expecting luxury, but as a place to crash after a day exploring, it is OK. Friendly staff who got our laundry done and back same day for 30 rand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the foot of the world-renowned Table Mountain, in the centre of Cape Town City and located in the upmarket suburb of Gardens. Comfort at a most affordable price! Step out our front door and find yourself on vibrant Kloof Street, showcasing an array of world class restaurants including Kitchen Kink Boutique, Asoka, Yindees and our sister restaurant Hudsons Burger Joint. Once in Cape Town welcomes you with attentive staff that take pride in providing personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Once in Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saasveld Hotel Cape Town Central
- Saasveld Lodge
- Once In Cape Town South Africa