My tour finished here and I stayed on for a few extra days. It started off a bit rocky when there was no hot water but it was quickly resolved. The hotel itself is ok - pretty basic but has everything you need at a great price. Its great value for money. The location is great - easy access to everything and a short walk to Long st where there are loads of bars and restaurants.
We got the English breakfast included, which was ok and then you could have as much of the other stuff that you wanted (cereal, toast, juice etc).
There is free wifi. It was a bit of a mission to figure out how to log on at first but once figured out it was a pretty good connection.
The Saasveld was pretty much everything I needed whilst on a budget. The main reason for such a positive review is the manager, Lynn. She was such a star and there was pretty much nothing she wouldn't do for you. I have never in my life received such great service and Saasveld are lucky to have her!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the foot of the world-renowned Table Mountain, in the centre of Cape Town City and located in the upmarket suburb of Gardens. Comfort at a most affordable price! Step out our front door and find yourself on vibrant Kloof Street, showcasing an array of world class restaurants including Kitchen Kink Boutique, Asoka, Yindees and our sister restaurant Hudsons Burger Joint. Once in Cape Town welcomes you with attentive staff that take pride in providing personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Once in Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saasveld Hotel Cape Town Central
- Saasveld Lodge
- Once In Cape Town South Africa