“A wonderful stay!”
Review of Blackheath Lodge

Blackheath Lodge
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I had an excellent six-night stay at the Blackheath Lodge. Before we even arrived, Antony and Michelle were very helpful in making our car reservations and answering any questions that I had. (The hotel is in a convenient location for lots of the city's attractions, but car rental or taxis are a must for Cape Town.) Once we arrived, we were warmly welcomed and shown to our charming, well-decorated room. We enjoyed breakfast every morning followed by Antony's helpful suggestions on our day of activities, and had a few very nice post-dinner conversations with Jean-Claude. The Blackheath Lodge staff truly went above and beyond the call of duty when we left our camera at a neighborhood restaurant on the last night of our stay by collecting the camera and promptly sending it out to us in Johannesburg so we could have it for the rest of our trip. Thank you so much to all of the wonderful staff members - we look forward to seeing you again on a future stay in Cape Town!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 July 2012

After hearing a glowing recommendation from a friend I finally had the chance to stay at Blackheath Lodge for a couple of nights while on a work trip to Cape Town. It did not disappoint...the room was fabulous, Antony and the team made me feel completely at home and it was a wonderful oasis from my work stresses!

My only disappointment was that I could not use the stunning roof terrace with spectacular views, BBQ and outdoor shower due to my business commitments and the Cape Town winter - I have already booked my next stay so that I can sample the delights of the Lodge to their full extent. Thank you Antony and the team at my home away from home...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We had the good fortune to stay at Blackheath Lodge recently, and, I must say, we could not have been more delighted. My husband, daughter, and I had a beautifully decorated room on the top floor with a gorgeous view. We were cozy and comfortable--and appreciated the library of books and DVD's that were available. We especially enjoyed the delicious breakfasts, that, each day, included some welcome surprises--fruit smoothies, cheese plates, specially-prepared pastries, egg soufflés--things that were unique,--as well as the standard meal that was also offered--everything tasted so good! Each day, Antony would offer advice as to what would be fun to do--and, thank goodness, we listened to him because he was always spot on--whether it was a jaunt to the Winelands or a day at the Cape--we were never disappointed. It's so nice to be given little tidbits about the best place to eat, or the best beach to stop at. It was a wonderful way to end our trip to South Africa, and we will always remember it!

1  Thank Scout0218
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Everything about Blackheath Lodge is first-rate! The rooms are interesting, well appointed and immaculate. The breakfast room is delightful, as are all the common areas. The breakfasts themselves are absolutely delicious. The staff is always very nice and helpful. And last, but far from least, the manager Antony will assist you in making arrangements for anything you might need - taxis, tours, dinner reservations and all. Thanks Antony!

1  Thank petetbs
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I recently Stayed at Blackheath with my wife and two daughters. We could not have asked for a better experience. The location is ideal, the staff is unbelievably attentive and Antony Trop is hands down the best hotel owner / operator I have ever dealt with. Antony took care of all our reservations at local restaurants, car rentals and even helped get us ticklets to Table Mountain so we could avoid the lines. This was our first visit to Cape Town and because of Blackheath Lodge and Antony Trop we will be back.

1  Thank Aaron B
Reviewed 16 July 2012

one of the best b & B's I've stayed in. It in a lovely Victorian Building in a nice, and safe part of Cape Town. The staff are friendly and very helpful. I can't find any faults with the place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ajs2000_7
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My husband and I stayed for four nights in Blackheath lodge recently and we absolutely loved it! John-Claud, Michelle, and Antony go out of their way to make sure every element of your stay is taken care of effortlessly and seemlessly. It is the little things that make this stay extra special - the central location, the books provided in the foyer, the beautiful and stylish decor, the mobile phone provided in your room, the dvd player, the booking of restaurant reservations without asking, the local knowledge regularly provided, and the great and varied breakfasts. We felt like we were coming home at the end of the day, always greated by the vibrant and caring John-Claude.

If I was to choose any areas for improvement - the shower was sometimes luke warm (I assume because it is a victorian style place the plumbing may be shared between rooms) and once we came home during the day and our room door was open (although behind the locked front door of the lodge) and noone returned to shut up/lock it. However, despite these things I still give this lodge an excellent rating because our overall experience was overwhelmingly favourable. I would highly recommend this place for anyone travelling to the Cape Town area and I am certain that we would return to Cape Town if we would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Town Central
City Bowl
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
#5 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Cape Grace
#7 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 110 in Cape Town Central
One&Only Cape Town
#12 of 110 in Cape Town Central
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
#35 of 110 in Cape Town Central

Been to Blackheath Lodge? Share your experiences!