Just a few words really that can't even to begin to explain what a great place this is. Stayed for 5 nights in March and as it was our first time in Cape Town I emailed Antony and the team beforehand to ask for advice on things to do. Not only did they reply in such detail that we had trouble choosing our trips but they booked everything for us in minutes.
The hotel is beautiful, the rooms clean, fabulously equipped and comfortable and the bar and pool area are welcoming at anytime of the day. We hired the hotel mini for the day and were given maps, advice on scenic routes and recommendations for lunch stops by Charle which were so helpful. Jean Claude looked after us every night with water for the rooms and organising snacks and drinks in the room and Antony made sure each of our organised excursions ran smoothly. The breakfasts are to die for, homemade, fresh and taken in such a beautiful setting overlooking the pool. Every person we spoke to staying here could not believe the level of service, attention to detail, and overall good value this gem of a hotel offers. Complimentary drinks on arrival and on my birthday, a mobile phone in the room with preloaded helpful numbers, a dedicated efficient local taxi service ready to take you anywhere, really... what's not to like. I have been fortunate to travel extensively and the Blackheath Lodge is my best ever hotel experience. Book, you will not be disappointed and like us I think your first visit will not be your last. As a final point we left our camera in reception when leaving for the airport, on realising our mistake we called Jean Claude who searched for and found the camera, safely stored it for us and Charle organised shipping and return. Our treasured holiday photos saved, an expensive camera returned and yet another example of the type of unrivalled customer service the Blackheath Lodge offers... Thank you Charle and Jean Claude.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blackheath Lodge is a Victorian guest house situated below Signal Hill, a stone's throw from the city, Waterfront and well-known beaches. Stylish bedrooms, excellent personalized service and warm hospitality. Enjoy breakfast on the terrace overlooking the pool and garden. Come home to a sundowner after a busy day of sightseeing or power business dealings, safe in the knowledge that a quiet, comfortable night's sleep awaits you. Airport transfers. Credit Cards. Children 12+. TGCSA 4-Star Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Blackheath Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackheath Hotel Cape Town Central
- Blackheath Cape Town
- Blackheath Lodge Cape Town, South Africa