“It keeps getting better”
Review of Blackheath Lodge

Blackheath Lodge
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Dublin
“It keeps getting better”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is my third visit to Blackheath and I was surprised and delighted to find they have expanded by adding new rooms, and converted one room into a new bar - all very pleasant. We had one of the new rooms which Anthony reckoned was not yet up to his standard so he upgraded us to a fabulous room (6ft bed, kitchen, wet room with a rain shower and his/her basins, seperate loo, balcony etc. and sent the builders in to replace doors and the bathroom floor in our first room. I am always surprised by his attention to detail. Breakfasts were, as usual, wonderful. Looking forward to my next visit. If this review seems low on information, it is only because I have reviwed Blackheath twice before and don't want to repeat myself.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We used Trip Advisor when choosing a hotel in Cape Town. It was a terrific choice. The inn is on a quiet street with a really quaint entrance. The staff was wonderful. We had booked 2 rooms - one for my husband and me, and the other for our daughter. We were led to the dining area and offered a welcome drink while the host explained the many amenities - which included a breakfast made to order, coffee, tea snacks available all day long, a fully stocked honor bar and a pool. Our rooms were very nice and comfortable. The two rooms were decorated very differently, but each with their own charm. I highly recommend this hotel if you like a more "boutique" style hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KareyK
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed five nights here. Great hosts, were able to arrange restaurants, transport, tours. The bathroom featured a heated floor and towel rack and a great shower. Everything else was good. Nice breakfasts. We had a nice apartment suite for 4 people. Nice view.

Room Tip: just discuss what you want with the hosts
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Zirconia, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A friend of ours recommended the Blackheath Lodge to us for our stay in Capetown. My husband and I had spent a week on safari with four other couples before arriving, and we were looking forward to some 'alone time'. From when we first walked in the door, we felt like we were home-we instantly relaxed. Charle and Godfrey made us feel right at home and were so accommodating and welcoming. Charle helped us schedule our daily activities and made sure we saw the best of Capetown and the surrounding areas in the four days we had there. Our room (room 6) was so comfortable and spacious and we had wonderful views from the many windows. Our breakfast every morning was out of this world - thank you Portia! At the end of our long days, we would relax in the lounge, pour a glass of wine (or two) and talk with the other guests about our days. We loved the location - a nice, quiet neighborhood, but within walking distance to restaurants. If we are fortunate enough to get back to Capetown, I would first make sure that Antony had a room at the Blackheath lodge for us. Kudos to Antony and your staff - you have a beautiful B&B - and thank you so much for making our stay in Capetown so memorable!

Room Tip: Room 6 is upstairs directly above the lobby - you have to be able to navigate steep, narrow stairs...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jillk5455
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I don’t normally write online recommendations on websites. But there is a specific reason why I now make an exception. I have travelled a lot over the past 25 years and I can without any hesitation say that Blackheath Lodge in Cape Town is the coziest hotel I ever stayed in. The place that Antony and his staff is running is a true pleasure to visit. You find a combination of excellent service and family feeling that blends perfectly together. I just checked out and I cannot wait until I’m checking in again! I don’t know when that will happen but I know that when I go back to Cape Town Blackheath Lodge is the place I will stay.

Jesper

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jescr-dtub
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my first trip to Capetown visiting my friend who lives in Muzinburg. We wanted to stay a few days in the city & Blackheath was a great fit for us. The rooms are very comfortable & spacious, breakfast is amazing, the location is perfect in respect to the center of Capetown, close to restaurants, waterfront, etc. The staff was excellent, they make you feel right at home & there's 24/7 security & staff on duty to assist with whatever you may need. I will return to Blackheath on my next visit to Capetown.

Enjoy

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Morgan, Utah, USA
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Friendly, helpful staff! Charle and Godfrey were particularly accommodating.
Nice greeting upon arrival with an adult beverage; much appreciated. Godfrey made reservations for us at Dutchess of Wisbeach. If you go there, note that it is not on the main road, but off to the right. Blackheath’s location to the water front was key, so walking to V&A is an enjoyable 30 min. walk. Enjoyable stay and outstanding breakfasts!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay
Victoria & Alfred Hotel
#25 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to Blackheath Lodge? Share your experiences!