“Another wonderful stay!”

Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Another wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I can't return to South Africa without visiting Capetown and Blackheath Lodge! Antony, John and the entire staff welcome you and help make the stay truly enjoyable. Whether you want to relax or be on the go, this is a great place to call home during your visit. Antony has continually given us terrific recommendations for places to visit, dining and tours. They also help make arrangements and are available at all times. So if you are out wandering around Capetown and want a good place to have lunch nearby, just call on the cell phone they provide for your guests' use. The lodge has expanded over the four years we have stayed there, but it is nice that it has kept a warm and inviting feel. The rooms are all different and and we have enjoyed each one we stayed in. The new bar/lounge is a great place to relax, have a drink, and converse. For those who enjoy breakfast you will love the Blackheath and all they offer! Tea and fresh baked items are available all day as well. We hope to return again next year. Our thanks to everyone at Blackheath!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Blackheath Lodge is a great place to stay during a visit to Capetown - it is centrally located and has off street parking. The team are all warm and welcoming and go out of their way to assist and offer great recommendations about where to go and what to do in the city. We loved the attention to detail - from the welcome pack, to the interior design, to the cellphone they loan you during your stay.

Our only suggestion would be that the shower pressure could have been stronger.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is my third visit to Blackheath and I was surprised and delighted to find they have expanded by adding new rooms, and converted one room into a new bar - all very pleasant. We had one of the new rooms which Anthony reckoned was not yet up to his standard so he upgraded us to a fabulous room (6ft bed, kitchen, wet room with a rain shower and his/her basins, seperate loo, balcony etc. and sent the builders in to replace doors and the bathroom floor in our first room. I am always surprised by his attention to detail. Breakfasts were, as usual, wonderful. Looking forward to my next visit. If this review seems low on information, it is only because I have reviwed Blackheath twice before and don't want to repeat myself.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We used Trip Advisor when choosing a hotel in Cape Town. It was a terrific choice. The inn is on a quiet street with a really quaint entrance. The staff was wonderful. We had booked 2 rooms - one for my husband and me, and the other for our daughter. We were led to the dining area and offered a welcome drink while the host explained the many amenities - which included a breakfast made to order, coffee, tea snacks available all day long, a fully stocked honor bar and a pool. Our rooms were very nice and comfortable. The two rooms were decorated very differently, but each with their own charm. I highly recommend this hotel if you like a more "boutique" style hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KareyK
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed five nights here. Great hosts, were able to arrange restaurants, transport, tours. The bathroom featured a heated floor and towel rack and a great shower. Everything else was good. Nice breakfasts. We had a nice apartment suite for 4 people. Nice view.

Room Tip: just discuss what you want with the hosts
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Zirconia, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A friend of ours recommended the Blackheath Lodge to us for our stay in Capetown. My husband and I had spent a week on safari with four other couples before arriving, and we were looking forward to some 'alone time'. From when we first walked in the door, we felt like we were home-we instantly relaxed. Charle and Godfrey made us feel right at home and were so accommodating and welcoming. Charle helped us schedule our daily activities and made sure we saw the best of Capetown and the surrounding areas in the four days we had there. Our room (room 6) was so comfortable and spacious and we had wonderful views from the many windows. Our breakfast every morning was out of this world - thank you Portia! At the end of our long days, we would relax in the lounge, pour a glass of wine (or two) and talk with the other guests about our days. We loved the location - a nice, quiet neighborhood, but within walking distance to restaurants. If we are fortunate enough to get back to Capetown, I would first make sure that Antony had a room at the Blackheath lodge for us. Kudos to Antony and your staff - you have a beautiful B&B - and thank you so much for making our stay in Capetown so memorable!

Room Tip: Room 6 is upstairs directly above the lobby - you have to be able to navigate steep, narrow stairs...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jillk5455
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I don’t normally write online recommendations on websites. But there is a specific reason why I now make an exception. I have travelled a lot over the past 25 years and I can without any hesitation say that Blackheath Lodge in Cape Town is the coziest hotel I ever stayed in. The place that Antony and his staff is running is a true pleasure to visit. You find a combination of excellent service and family feeling that blends perfectly together. I just checked out and I cannot wait until I’m checking in again! I don’t know when that will happen but I know that when I go back to Cape Town Blackheath Lodge is the place I will stay.

Jesper

Cape Grace
#6 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Victoria & Alfred Hotel
#25 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 109 in Cape Town Central
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay

Been to Blackheath Lodge? Share your experiences!