Blackheath Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Ritz Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Centurion All Suite Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
The One 8 Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Antrim Villa(Green Point)
View Hotel
Winchester Mansions(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
The Hyde All-Suite Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Premier Hotel Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Spring Tide Inn(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
1,931 results
All reviewsmobile phonesea pointhome away from homedvd playerrestaurant recommendationsthe entire staffstay in cape townsouth africalittle touchescape pointbreakfast was deliciousour honeymoondinner reservationspersonal servicewestern capelovely roomcamps bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2009

I had a great time in Cape Town thanks to the amazing folks at Blackheath Lodge. Antony is extremely thoughtful, caring & detail-oriented; the perfect person to run a B&B. He arranged my transfers to and from the airport, suggested and arranged a tour of Cape Point (the highlight of the trip for me) and a spa visit. He even spotted me some cash when it wasn't clear that the tour company would take a credit card and I didn't have enough time to get to an ATM. The other staff, especially Jean-Claude and Divine were very warm and welcoming, and Ntutu whipped up some scrumptious breakfasts. The room was comfortable, with a partial view of the ocean and Robben Island. The only problem I had during my stay was that I took along an old laptop that wasn't able to connect to their wifi network. I was able to check email on their desktop computer though. All in all, a truly great experience, and I'd go back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank iluvsummr
Reviewed 12 May 2009

Every day, after our full itinerary of touring, my friend and I were relieved to return "home" to Blackheath Lodge. Antony and Michelle were wonderful in helping us plan our trip to Cape Town. They helped us book tours, found us very good guides, and they made us feel more than comfortable during our stay.

The room we stayed in (upstairs) was perfect and for that one night we were exhausted after climbing Table Mountain (in the rain!), they helped us order some take out and we watched one of their many DVDs. Jean-Claude, the night porter, was also very helpful and we enjoyed our discussions with him.

Two highlights worth noting:

1. Breakfast! I have never had such light, fluffy, tasty quiches before! And the fruit crumble each day was like having dessert!

2. Cats! I could watch the two cats (Lime and Soda) lick and groom each other all day!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Having previously arranged with Anthony, our transfer met us at the airport and quickly transported us to the lodge, on arrival we were met by the softly spoken Jean-Claude who quickly ensured refrshments were on hand and offered any help and advice we required. Room was furnished to a high standard with a warm elegant decadence. Breakfast was my best part, sat on a terrace with the warm sun on your shoulders overlooking well kept gardens and small pool being served by an enthusiastic happy team. The Quiches were amazing and all produce was fresh and tempting! Well done blackheath you lived up to your reviews and our expectations we hope we can come back sometime soon....

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2009

Mark and I found Blackheath Lodge on Tripadvisor and contacted the owners Antony and John directly via e-mail. Because it was a busy time of year they could only accommodate us for two nights out of four. This did not mean that they left us at our own devices. Antony recommended another hotel in Franschoek and then another one in Hermanus constantly communicating with us to make sure these hotels met our requirements. Antony also organised our car hire to get to these places. When you have never been to a country before it is immensely reassuring to feel that someone is looking after you.

Our flight was delayed by nearly 12 hours but one phone call to Blackheath lodge told us this was not a problem and we were met at arrival. The hotel we were taken to was small but very tastefully furnished and decorated. Antony and John's taste is impeccable. The room was decorated in colours of pastel beige and cream, the king size bed was one of the most comfortable beds we ever laid in with lovely crisp white sheets.

Breakfast on the little terrace is a lovely experience with tables covered in white tablecloth and overlooking the swimming pool.

Antony did not abandon us even once we arrived at his hotel. Plenty of advice, directions, offers to book restaurants. Nothing is too much for the owners of this lovely place.

After our two nights we went travelling for a few days using the hotels that had been booked for us and which did not disappoint us. After two nights touring the area of Cape Town, we decided to have our last night at Blackheath lodge which by now felt like home. On that night and after all the travelling we did not feel like going to a restaurant. Not a problem, wonderful Jean-Claude ordered us a pizza which we sat eating over a bottle of wine and discussing our adventures with him and some other guests.

If you want to stay away from chain hotels, enjoy a cozy, friendly environment with great personalised service go and find Blackheath Lodge and its owners, you will not regret it.

Caroline and Mark - February 2009

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carolinecherie
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Having just spent a glorious Easter weekend at Blackheath Lodge (our second stay there this year actually) I just had to let you all know that it is without doubt the very nicest place to stay in Cape Town :-)
Antony & John are the most warm and welcoming hosts that you could wish for and their staff (without exception) an absolute delight.
You feel at home from the moment you arrive and Antony & John go more than the extra mile to help plan your stay in Cape Town and the surrounding area. Their local knowledge is invaluable - and in particular their local restaurant recommendations :-)
The decor and furnishings are extremely tasteful and the rooms are lovely and comfortable!
......and finally, breakfast on the terrace in the morning sun is an absolute treat not to be missed.
We've alreday booked to go back in July and again in October.
Stay, enjoy, remember!!!!!