We loved staying at Blackheath lodge. The owner Anthony is great and helped us to book tours, restaurants and other hotels along the Garden route. The staff at Blackheath lodge will do everything they can to help you with your needs. The rooms are charming and clean and breakfast was great.
Although there are some restaurants in the area (Buzbee grill was an ok place for steak and fish) you will probably take a taxi if you want to eat out. If you´re tired the staff will help you to order food from one of the many take out-places that you can have on the lovely terrace. Dont make your order too late, though, or the restaurants will have closed.
Blackheath lodge is very close to the water so you can take a nice long walk along the waterfront to the city centre from here. It looks a lot closer on the map than it is in reality. Most of the time you will take a taxi or a bus, but that is the case in all of Cape Town.
South Africa is a fantastic country and we will certainly book a room at Blackheath lodge next time we go there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blackheath Lodge is a Victorian guest house situated below Signal Hill, a stone's throw from the city, Waterfront and well-known beaches. Stylish bedrooms, excellent personalized service and warm hospitality. Enjoy breakfast on the terrace overlooking the pool and garden. Come home to a sundowner after a busy day of sightseeing or power business dealings, safe in the knowledge that a quiet, comfortable night's sleep awaits you. Airport transfers. Credit Cards. Children 12+. TGCSA 4-Star Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blackheath Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackheath Hotel Cape Town Central
- Blackheath Cape Town
- Blackheath Lodge Cape Town, South Africa