“Liberty Lodge, at home in Cape Town”
Review of Liberty Lodge

Liberty Lodge
Ranked #21 of 155 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Liberty Lodge, at home in Cape Town”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I could write a whole page about this wonderful venue. It is the perfect combination of everything one looks to find in a bed and breakfast. Its cosy, clean and above all relaxing. Has the most wonderful view from the terrace (Table Mountain and Lions Head) and the breakfast is more than you expect. Besides all that i think its greatest advantage is Ruth, the owner. The most helpful, sweet lady I have met in a long time. I strongly recommend this place and if you dont stay here you will regret it. Hope this review is convincing enough.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Liberty Lodge has become a true home from home when visiting Cape Town. A small boutique guest house in up-and-coming Gardens area, this is an excellent choice for anyone visiting the city.

Ruth, the owner, and Lisa will go over and above to make your stay as comfortable and happy as possible. The rooms are extremely well decorated and spacious and breakfast is always waiting on the table in the morning. Superb value for money and the personal touches exceeds anything you will receive in one of the larger chain hotels.

As someone that travels all over the world and to many high end 5 star hotels, Liberty Lodge is always my first choice in Cape Town

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Our flight was cancelled at short notice and the Liberty Lodge was suggested as a place to stay. We stayed for a couple of nights. The Lodge was in a perfect location in Cape Town with great views and a lovely homely feel. Ruth was very helpful and all of the team there were friendly. I would highly recommend staying at this accommodation.

• Stayed April 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My family (my partner, parents and myself) stayed at Liberty Lodge for three nights in September 2012. Liberty Lodge was beautifully appointed, had its own character and was excellent value for money. The bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept in. We also thought the location was great. There were a number of quality restaurants nearby and we had three fantastic local dinners while we were there. The breakfast provided was also lovely and a great way to start the day.

The service provided by the owner Ruth and her staff was very good. We were a bit bemused when we arrived to find the place empty, however the person who had picked us up from the airport (Yaseen from Discovery Tours) was able to figure out which rooms we were in and settle us in. Ruth has obviously put a lot of thought into her guests' comfort and to their experience in Cape Town. Ruth had information in the rooms on places to visit and eat out which we found very helpful and Ruth also gave us advice in-person while we were there.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ruth P, Owner at Liberty Lodge, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear AusKP7

Thank you so much for your review. I was very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay here in terms of comfort, location and service.

I would like, however, to clarify one minor point. As a small owner-run establishment (I do not employ Managers), there are occasions when guests arrive at night (as in your case) and I arrange for my trusted representative (Yaseen of Discovery Tours) to personally meet guests at the airport and bring them to the Lodge. He is fully briefed on current entry procedure and which room guests are in. A handwritten note from me awaits guests, explaining that I will meet them over breakfast in the morning. After long inter-continental flights, this procedure works seemlessly.

I look forward to welcoming you and your parents to the Lodge again one day and in the meantime send you warm regards from a still sunny Cape Town

Ruth
Sydney
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I highly recommend Liberty Lodge. As soon as I walked in the door I felt at home. Ruth took did an amazing job of organising my stay and once there Lisa and Nita took wonderful care of me. I was buzzing around all week with late nights and early starts. I'd arrive home at night to an organised and tidied room and awake to a specially prepared early breakfast. The Lodge itself and area is extremely safe and within walking distance of Kloof Street, which is full of trendy bars and fabulous boutiques. I hope I have the opportunity to stay again.

Room Tip: My room opened onto a secluded oasis of a courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Liberty Lodge for a few days in January and it was just wonderful. Ruth is a fantastic host - she is full of local knowledge and great recommendations to make your visit to Capetown memorable. The house is beautifully decorated and very clean. Breakfasts were lovely and the staff charming. There is no swimming pool but there is a very nice terrace with stunning views. It is within (safe) walking distance of a number of good cafes and restaurants and is only a 10 minute drive to a range of beautiful beaches. For the high standard you get, this is a very reasonably priced guesthouse and I would happily recommend it. In fact, I wish I was there now!!

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I had a truly memorable stay at Liberty Lodge during my week-long stay in Cape Town. Initially I was planning on staying around the Camps Bay area but following a friends recommendation I decided to stay at Liberty Lodge in Tamboerskloof and so glad I did! First, I absolutely fell in love with the neighbourhood and fell like a true local. The location of the lodge was excellent, just next the little shops, cafes and restaurants on Kloof street, the beach was less than 10' by car and with easy access to table mountain and lion's head. Additionally, Ruth was a wonderful host and my stay would not have been the same without her. She takes great care of her guests, she's passionately and lively and always ensures her guests make the most of of their stay. There are tons of activities/things to do in CT (one week was not enough for me!) and Ruth would always have recommendations to suit everyone's needs. Last but not least, I would like to thank the girls for the lavish breakfast served in the dining area or terrace every morning, which included fruits, cereals and eggs cooked to serve everyone's taste. Looking forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Ruth P, Owner at Liberty Lodge, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Hi Athina - many thanks for your kind words. I am so pleased you had a good time. You are right, Cape Town has so much to offer that staying two or three days only scratches the surface. Guests who stay longer are able to enjoy exploring the city and experience the Cape Town vibe - the originality of its individually owned shops and cafes, or the music and arts scene. And of course not forgetting natural beauty of the beaches and surrounding countryside. It was lovely to meet you and I look forward to your return. Best wishes - Ruth