Many people end up staying here after being referred from other guest houses that are full (e.g. an african villa). One thing is for sure - this is not a second best kind of place.
The location is great and the restaurants and bars just around the corner are great. Definitely go for drinks at the Mount Nelson hotel which is just round the corner. Arnolds is a friendly local bar that does good food as well. People rave about Saigon the vietnamese but I didn't manage to make it there.
The directions from the airport are very easy to follow and parking on the road outside liberty lodge is fine. We felt safe at all times of day walking around the neighberhood. Safety in capetown is massively overplayed. Sensible people would be very unlucky to come into any trouble.
The furnishings and rooms are lovely. The only thing missing is a pool but there is so much to do in capetown you shouldn't have time for lazing around a pool - an activity better saved for other places in south africa.
The owner Ruth is very helpful - if a little mad. We didn't come across one guest house owner on our travels that wasn't a bit wacky. Lisa the main member of staff is fantastic and her breakfasts are wonderful. A great way to start the day.
Ask for the large room on the first floor if its available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, this classic Cape Town bed & breakfast has earned an enviable reputation for relaxed and genuine hospitality. Originally a Victorian gentleman's house, Liberty Lodge became a fabric emporium and even a bordello in the 1940s! Today, it combines a skillful mix of Victorian, Art Deco and contemporary decor, with some stunning feature pieces. Perfectly situated to make the most of your Cape Town holiday or business trip, Liberty Lodge sits on the lower slopes between Table Mountain cable car station and Cape Town CBD. Restaurants and cafes abound in trendy Tamboerskloof and tourist sights are in close proximity. The four uniquely decorated rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and heaters, an electronic wall safe, hairdryer, a range of toiletries and most importantly comfortable beds! Complimentary wi-fi and safe on street parking is available. A hearty hot and cold breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the day either inside or outside in the charming ground-floor greenery courtyard. This homely Tamboerskloof Bed and Breakfast provides your respite from a busy day and is run by owner, Ruth Parsons, who extends a warm, personal welcome. Liberty Lodge appeals to young and old, singles and couples, on holiday or working, all of whom know that convivial surroundings and a comfortable bed waits.No Children under 12 allowed!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Liberty Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Liberty Hotel Cape Town Central
- Liberty Lodge Cape Town, South Africa