I am a solo traveller, used to live in Cape Town, and was home for a visit, although was in desperate need of a night alone in peace and quiet! I made the last minute decision to stay in Cape Town and called a few places which finally(gratefully!) lead me to The Liberty Lodge!
I was welcomed warmly by Ruth who quickly and efficiently showed me to my most beautiful ensuite room with gorgeous terrace overlooking the city ahead and the breath taking table mountain behind.
I found exactly what I was looking for, an amazing comfortable bed, a beautiful quiet room and a lovely hostess!
Thank you to Ruth and her staff for making my stay so perfect - I stayed 3 nights instead of the planned 1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, this classic Cape Town bed & breakfast has earned an enviable reputation for relaxed and genuine hospitality. Originally a Victorian gentleman's house, Liberty Lodge became a fabric emporium and even a bordello in the 1940s! Today, it combines a skillful mix of Victorian, Art Deco and contemporary decor, with some stunning feature pieces. Perfectly situated to make the most of your Cape Town holiday or business trip, Liberty Lodge sits on the lower slopes between Table Mountain cable car station and Cape Town CBD. Restaurants and cafes abound in trendy Tamboerskloof and tourist sights are in close proximity. The four uniquely decorated rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and heaters, an electronic wall safe, hairdryer, a range of toiletries and most importantly comfortable beds! Complimentary wi-fi and safe on street parking is available. A hearty hot and cold breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the day either inside or outside in the charming ground-floor greenery courtyard. This homely Tamboerskloof Bed and Breakfast provides your respite from a busy day and is run by owner, Ruth Parsons, who extends a warm, personal welcome. Liberty Lodge appeals to young and old, singles and couples, on holiday or working, all of whom know that convivial surroundings and a comfortable bed waits.No Children under 12 allowed!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Liberty Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Hotel Cape Town Central
- Liberty Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Liberty Lodge Cape Town, South Africa