“Beautiful interior, stunning views, incredible staff!”
Review of Liberty Lodge

Liberty Lodge
Ranked #20 of 155 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Fort lauderdale
“Beautiful interior, stunning views, incredible staff!”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I am a solo traveller, used to live in Cape Town, and was home for a visit, although was in desperate need of a night alone in peace and quiet! I made the last minute decision to stay in Cape Town and called a few places which finally(gratefully!) lead me to The Liberty Lodge!
I was welcomed warmly by Ruth who quickly and efficiently showed me to my most beautiful ensuite room with gorgeous terrace overlooking the city ahead and the breath taking table mountain behind.
I found exactly what I was looking for, an amazing comfortable bed, a beautiful quiet room and a lovely hostess!
Thank you to Ruth and her staff for making my stay so perfect - I stayed 3 nights instead of the planned 1.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2013

What a great stay we had with Ruth, Lisa and Nita! They went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. All of the rooms are lovely and the top balcony view is just breathtaking. And the brakfast-YUM, Don't hesitate to ask for one of Lisa's famous omelets! Great location-fantastic host-home away from home-comfy beds. Vacation always feels too short when you've had such a lovely experience. Thank you for making our stay so effortlessly relaxing!

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite! The bathroom is much bigger compared the other rooms and there is more storage spac...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
CHINAintown
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Ruth &her staff are excellent they can't do enough for you ,the guest house is lovely the rooms are spotless & beautifully furnished ,you could not ask for a better place to stay ,the views are magnificent ,we will defiantly be stopping her again .Also the breakfast is fantastic much nicer than stopping in one of the bigger hotels such a relaxing friendly atmosphere ,I would highly recommend staying in this guest house.Thank you Ruth for such a good stay at Liberty Lodge

Room Tip: We had the room looking out over Table Mountain fantastic view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I could write a whole page about this wonderful venue. It is the perfect combination of everything one looks to find in a bed and breakfast. Its cosy, clean and above all relaxing. Has the most wonderful view from the terrace (Table Mountain and Lions Head) and the breakfast is more than you expect. Besides all that i think its greatest advantage is Ruth, the owner. The most helpful, sweet lady I have met in a long time. I strongly recommend this place and if you dont stay here you will regret it. Hope this review is convincing enough.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Liberty Lodge has become a true home from home when visiting Cape Town. A small boutique guest house in up-and-coming Gardens area, this is an excellent choice for anyone visiting the city.

Ruth, the owner, and Lisa will go over and above to make your stay as comfortable and happy as possible. The rooms are extremely well decorated and spacious and breakfast is always waiting on the table in the morning. Superb value for money and the personal touches exceeds anything you will receive in one of the larger chain hotels.

As someone that travels all over the world and to many high end 5 star hotels, Liberty Lodge is always my first choice in Cape Town

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Our flight was cancelled at short notice and the Liberty Lodge was suggested as a place to stay. We stayed for a couple of nights. The Lodge was in a perfect location in Cape Town with great views and a lovely homely feel. Ruth was very helpful and all of the team there were friendly. I would highly recommend staying at this accommodation.

• Stayed April 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My family (my partner, parents and myself) stayed at Liberty Lodge for three nights in September 2012. Liberty Lodge was beautifully appointed, had its own character and was excellent value for money. The bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept in. We also thought the location was great. There were a number of quality restaurants nearby and we had three fantastic local dinners while we were there. The breakfast provided was also lovely and a great way to start the day.

The service provided by the owner Ruth and her staff was very good. We were a bit bemused when we arrived to find the place empty, however the person who had picked us up from the airport (Yaseen from Discovery Tours) was able to figure out which rooms we were in and settle us in. Ruth has obviously put a lot of thought into her guests' comfort and to their experience in Cape Town. Ruth had information in the rooms on places to visit and eat out which we found very helpful and Ruth also gave us advice in-person while we were there.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ruth P, Owner at Liberty Lodge, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear AusKP7

Thank you so much for your review. I was very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay here in terms of comfort, location and service.

I would like, however, to clarify one minor point. As a small owner-run establishment (I do not employ Managers), there are occasions when guests arrive at night (as in your case) and I arrange for my trusted representative (Yaseen of Discovery Tours) to personally meet guests at the airport and bring them to the Lodge. He is fully briefed on current entry procedure and which room guests are in. A handwritten note from me awaits guests, explaining that I will meet them over breakfast in the morning. After long inter-continental flights, this procedure works seemlessly.

I look forward to welcoming you and your parents to the Lodge again one day and in the meantime send you warm regards from a still sunny Cape Town

Ruth