“I love the place and the people”
Review of Liberty Lodge

Liberty Lodge
Ranked #21 of 155 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Bergen
“I love the place and the people”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in October 2012, 2 of them with 2 friends. My review comes late, but I just have to say 'Thank you' to Ruth and her staff for the wonderful experience I got.

Already before we arrived, we got good hints from Ruth with links for ordering tickets to the Table Mountain and Robin Island in advance. She also arranged a pick-up service from the airport which made my arrival very convenient since I arrived late in the evening.

The lodge is beautifully located, with stunning views to the Table Mountain and Lion's Head, and it was fascinating to watch the moving clouds over the Table Mountain from the spacious terrace.
The rooms and the common area were nice and cosy, with very personal touch.

Ruth and her stuff were so thoughtful and supporting, and I loved the breakfast arranged by Lisa.

After my backpack was stolen in Camps Bay, with all money, cards etc, Ruth was so helpful in this situation. I borrowed some cash money from some friends before they left Cape Town, and it was just enough to pay my new passport, the stay at the lodge and the trip to the airport. Ruth left her mobil number to me in case I would experience unexpected problems in this situation. Ruth, thank you so much for that. You made the stay in Cape Town a good experience. Now, after 8 months, I forgot the stolen backpack, but I will not forget you!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Woman50
Ruth P, Owner at Liberty Lodge, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Hi M!

Many many thanks for writing about Liberty Lodge and your stay here in Cape Town last October. Time goes so fast but your review illustrates that experiences remain vivid in our minds long after our return. I am so pleased you liked the Lodge, its location and the views from the terrace. And last but not least, Lisa's wonderful breakfasts! Let me take this opportunity to say that I hope you will return one day. My best wishes to you and your friends

Ruth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Beijing, China
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stayed here for one night, was in a business trip! This Lodge has great location. Ruth and her stuaff were very very nice.You can view the table mountain on the balcony!!! I would definitely like to stay again here in future!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Comfortable, convenient in a wonderful location. Ruth & her staff were excellent. Nicely furnished, with attention to detail and warm/friendly. Ruth is very knowledgeable and helpful. Amazing views too - just step outside on to the balcony for inspiration. Thank you - enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Fort lauderdale
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I am a solo traveller, used to live in Cape Town, and was home for a visit, although was in desperate need of a night alone in peace and quiet! I made the last minute decision to stay in Cape Town and called a few places which finally(gratefully!) lead me to The Liberty Lodge!
I was welcomed warmly by Ruth who quickly and efficiently showed me to my most beautiful ensuite room with gorgeous terrace overlooking the city ahead and the breath taking table mountain behind.
I found exactly what I was looking for, an amazing comfortable bed, a beautiful quiet room and a lovely hostess!
Thank you to Ruth and her staff for making my stay so perfect - I stayed 3 nights instead of the planned 1.

• Stayed May 2013
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2013

What a great stay we had with Ruth, Lisa and Nita! They went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. All of the rooms are lovely and the top balcony view is just breathtaking. And the brakfast-YUM, Don't hesitate to ask for one of Lisa's famous omelets! Great location-fantastic host-home away from home-comfy beds. Vacation always feels too short when you've had such a lovely experience. Thank you for making our stay so effortlessly relaxing!

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite! The bathroom is much bigger compared the other rooms and there is more storage spac...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
CHINAintown
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Ruth &her staff are excellent they can't do enough for you ,the guest house is lovely the rooms are spotless & beautifully furnished ,you could not ask for a better place to stay ,the views are magnificent ,we will defiantly be stopping her again .Also the breakfast is fantastic much nicer than stopping in one of the bigger hotels such a relaxing friendly atmosphere ,I would highly recommend staying in this guest house.Thank you Ruth for such a good stay at Liberty Lodge

Room Tip: We had the room looking out over Table Mountain fantastic view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I could write a whole page about this wonderful venue. It is the perfect combination of everything one looks to find in a bed and breakfast. Its cosy, clean and above all relaxing. Has the most wonderful view from the terrace (Table Mountain and Lions Head) and the breakfast is more than you expect. Besides all that i think its greatest advantage is Ruth, the owner. The most helpful, sweet lady I have met in a long time. I strongly recommend this place and if you dont stay here you will regret it. Hope this review is convincing enough.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family