I stayed for 4 nights in October 2012, 2 of them with 2 friends. My review comes late, but I just have to say 'Thank you' to Ruth and her staff for the wonderful experience I got.
Already before we arrived, we got good hints from Ruth with links for ordering tickets to the Table Mountain and Robin Island in advance. She also arranged a pick-up service from the airport which made my arrival very convenient since I arrived late in the evening.
The lodge is beautifully located, with stunning views to the Table Mountain and Lion's Head, and it was fascinating to watch the moving clouds over the Table Mountain from the spacious terrace.
The rooms and the common area were nice and cosy, with very personal touch.
Ruth and her stuff were so thoughtful and supporting, and I loved the breakfast arranged by Lisa.
After my backpack was stolen in Camps Bay, with all money, cards etc, Ruth was so helpful in this situation. I borrowed some cash money from some friends before they left Cape Town, and it was just enough to pay my new passport, the stay at the lodge and the trip to the airport. Ruth left her mobil number to me in case I would experience unexpected problems in this situation. Ruth, thank you so much for that. You made the stay in Cape Town a good experience. Now, after 8 months, I forgot the stolen backpack, but I will not forget you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, this classic Cape Town bed & breakfast has earned an enviable reputation for relaxed and genuine hospitality. Originally a Victorian gentleman's house, Liberty Lodge became a fabric emporium and even a bordello in the 1940s! Today, it combines a skillful mix of Victorian, Art Deco and contemporary decor, with some stunning feature pieces. Perfectly situated to make the most of your Cape Town holiday or business trip, Liberty Lodge sits on the lower slopes between Table Mountain cable car station and Cape Town CBD. Restaurants and cafes abound in trendy Tamboerskloof and tourist sights are in close proximity. The four uniquely decorated rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and heaters, an electronic wall safe, hairdryer, a range of toiletries and most importantly comfortable beds! Complimentary wi-fi and safe on street parking is available. A hearty hot and cold breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the day either inside or outside in the charming ground-floor greenery courtyard. This homely Tamboerskloof Bed and Breakfast provides your respite from a busy day and is run by owner, Ruth Parsons, who extends a warm, personal welcome. Liberty Lodge appeals to young and old, singles and couples, on holiday or working, all of whom know that convivial surroundings and a comfortable bed waits.No Children under 12 allowed!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Liberty Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Hotel Cape Town Central
- Liberty Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Liberty Lodge Cape Town, South Africa