“Wonderful time at Liberty Lodge”
Review of Liberty Lodge

Liberty Lodge
Ranked #23 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We had a superb time in Cape Town, made so much better by Ruth and her staff. Liberty Lodge had every thing we needed, our room was very comfortable with great views and a balcony, and the breakfasts in the courtyard were first class. Ruth made our stay so easy by arranging everything for us with no fuss. Plenty of excellent restaurant's including Arnolds within an easy walk.

Room Tip: Request balcony and table mountain view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Liberty Lodge

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Thanks to our wonderful daughter for arranging a wonderful stay at Ruth's Liberty Lodge on de Lorentz Street in Cape Town! Great location, just off fashionable and fun Kloof Street, in a quiet residential neighborhood, wonderful food with great service. Very clean and beautifully decorated lobby, dining area and rooms. Ruth and her ladies Lisa and Nita, could not have been helpful and happy to make sure that all the guests were comfortable and well-fed. We also met some of the nicest and most interesting people (from all over the world) at the breakfast table! A real treat to stay at the Liberty! Happy to recommend this little gem!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed here on business for 3 nights. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived. I was the first to arrive from my party and Ruth the owner, welcomed me with a a cup of tea and introduced me to 2 other guests who had just arrived. It was our first trip to Cape Town and Ruth was extremely helpful. Even before I'd arrived she's organised for 'Discovery Cars' to pick me up, advised us on car hire, weather forecast, what to wear and other tips for the first time traveller to Cape Town. My room was well decorated and comfortable, nice bathroom with shower, great view of Table Top mountain and an excellent balcony. Having unpacked and shown how to use the safe, I joined the other two guests for the tour of the city on the open top bus - as suggested by Ruth. The stop was just a short walk from LL. After just 1 day I felt I'd been there for ages. Breakfast next morning was excellent. Freshly cooked English, with great coffee - all in the open courtyard with other guests. Can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: Go for a room with the balcony if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Liberty Lodge. Ruth the owner, together with Lisa and Nita are so welcoming and friendly, a wealth of information, and really keen to ensure the comfort of their guests. We even received an email shortly after booking advising on airport transfers, reliable taxi firms and the like. This proved invaluable later on our tour. The Lodge is situated just off the mountain end of Kloof street, and from our room we had a wonderful view of Table Mountain. Within a few minutes walk there are a wide variety of restaurants including Toni’s a Portuguese restaurant which we really enjoyed. We felt safe walking in the area even after dark. Our room was both spacious and comfortable, as was the bathroom which was stocked with a useful range of soaps and cosmetics. Breakfast was superb, and a proper family affair as we all compared notes and chatted around the large breakfast table. There are only five rooms in the Lodge, so book early. You won’t be disappointed.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I popped in for one night after a couple of friends from the States had spent a couple of nights here. The guesthouse is perfectly located with a lovely view of the mountain coupled with a short walk into town. Ruth the owner is a lovely lady who was extremely helpful, kind and entertaining. I will certainly be popping in on my next trip to CT even if it just to say hi to Ruth. We also received an upgrade to the larger mountain-side room which was great!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I spent three nights that the LL during my visit to Cape Town from the States. I've spent a lot of time at boutique hotels across California and this certainly fit the bill! The lodge consists of 5 rooms all decorated differently and very stylishly. The Innkeeper Ruth was very helpful with giving us shopping, eating and traveling pointers outside of the fact that she's just lovely to speak with. The lodge is located just up the hill (walking distance) from shopping and restaurants and just down the hill from Table Mountain and Signal Mountain so it's easy to get wherever you are going. We left the lodge to spend a night in the wine country and Ruth even let us keep our large bags at the lodge while we were gone without charging us! Her staff is exceptionally friendly and made us a delicious hot breakfast every morning and on the day I left early in the morning they packed me breakfast to go! The views from the deck upstairs are also lovely. This would be a great place to stay as a couple or with friends and family!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Ruth P, Owner at Liberty Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Hi Kara - a short note via Tripadvisor as I do not have your personal email address - to thank you for such a lovely review and such positive feedback about the Lodge, its location and my wonderful staff Lisa and Nita. I am so pleased you enjoy your stay here and hope that one day you will come back again. Best wishes - Ruth

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I found Liberty Lodge on trip advisor and after reading the great reviews, I ended up staying for just over a weekend.
The reviews were all completely spot on! The place really is perfect. Ruth is such an amazing host as are the ladies who work with her and everyone makes you feel like you're at home.
The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfasts were delicious and filling.
They also really make a great cup of coffee!
Price, location and comfort are all spot on.
I couldn't recommend staying there more.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business