My mother, brother and I spent almost a week in Cape Town staying at Liberty Lodge, which is a very comfortable and charming B&B. It is very well located for a wide range of activities in Cape Town, and visitors can safely walk to many of the excellent local restaurants and cafes. The owner, Ruth, and her staff, in particular Lisa, made us feel quite at home from the moment we arrived. The rooms afforded a lot of privacy and the lounge was a pleasant area to sit and read or relax. Breakfasts on the patio or in the dining room were wonderfully fresh with generous servings of whatever was on offer each day. The opportunity to meet and chat with Ruth and the other guests from around the world was a bonus. Everyone compared notes on the best places and restaurants to visit, which complemented Ruth's good local knowledge. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, this classic Cape Town bed & breakfast has earned an enviable reputation for relaxed and genuine hospitality. Originally a Victorian gentleman's house, Liberty Lodge became a fabric emporium and even a bordello in the 1940s! Today, it combines a skillful mix of Victorian, Art Deco and contemporary decor, with some stunning feature pieces. Perfectly situated to make the most of your Cape Town holiday or business trip, Liberty Lodge sits on the lower slopes between Table Mountain cable car station and Cape Town CBD. Restaurants and cafes abound in trendy Tamboerskloof and tourist sights are in close proximity. The four uniquely decorated rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and heaters, an electronic wall safe, hairdryer, a range of toiletries and most importantly comfortable beds! Complimentary wi-fi and safe on street parking is available. A hearty hot and cold breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the day either inside or outside in the charming ground-floor greenery courtyard. This homely Tamboerskloof Bed and Breakfast provides your respite from a busy day and is run by owner, Ruth Parsons, who extends a warm, personal welcome. Liberty Lodge appeals to young and old, singles and couples, on holiday or working, all of whom know that convivial surroundings and a comfortable bed waits.No Children under 12 allowed!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Liberty Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Hotel Cape Town Central
- Liberty Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Liberty Lodge Cape Town, South Africa