We have just returned from Cape Town where we spent our final two nights in Daddy Long Legs. The hotel itself was very cool – I loved the room (You Are Here) and the general atmosphere which was very much like a backpackers place. The loos in reception were also brilliant – I loved having a wee and seeing what was going on in the main reception area!
However … our stay was not without issues. The position of our room was not ideal. We did choose this room after looking at the hotel website but did not realise where it was in relation to the main road – and was in fact just above busy and very noisy Long Street. During our first night I probably got 30 minutes sleep altogether – there was the constant noise from people entering and exiting the hotel – seemingly throughout the night – the ridiculously brightly illuminated ‘Daddy Long Legs’ sign directly outside our window, a whirring sound which I assumed was from the coffee machine outside our room, which repeated every 3 minutes throughout the night, and at one point, a woman shouting at the top of her voice, banging out of her room which seemed to be next door to ours, continuing to shout in the corridor and then slamming out into the street where the noise continued. I was not at all happy.
The following night I tried to put the previous events behind me and was very tired. When we got into bed however, there was a constant new noise which I eventually located to the fountain near reception but which was audible from our room. I went and asked the guy on reception if he could possibly turn this off as it would keep me awake. I was shocked that he refused, saying that the management would tell him off if he turned this off as this had happened before. I explained that this sounded ridiculous and it really would help if he could turn it off but he just messed around with it and told me to close the fire door upstairs. Bizarre.
Most staff were very helpful apart from one very tired looking lady (maybe she had stayed in our room previously) who was blunt and unwelcoming every time we approached reception with a question (which wasn’t very often).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying in the Daddy Long Legs Independent Travellers Hotel is like being part of an interactive art exhibition. Each room is uniquely decorated by an artist, poet, photographer, designer or musician, creating different themes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Daddy Long Legs Boutique
- Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel Cape Town, South Africa