I stayed in both the Daddy Long legs hotel and their self catering apartments in November of this year, and had two very different experiences.
We stayed in the apartments for 4 nights, starting on a Friday night. The whole apartment, including the bedroom, overlooked Long Street, and unfortunately this meant the noise levels at night were just unbearable. Long Street is a very lively street and at the weekend clubs and bars are open until 5-6am. Our bedroom was right opposite one very popular club and had no double glazing so the noise came right in. I can normally sleep through anything but was wide awake for both weekend nights. Admittedly, it was a lot better during the week when noise levels were a little lower. This was a real shame as otherwise the apartment was fantastic- clean, really well designed and equipped and modern and funky.
The hotel, which is situated at the other end of Long street, further away from most of the main bars and clubs, was much better. Our room was amazingly decorated (each room is decorated by a different artist)- I've never stayed in anything like it. It was clean, the staff were friendly and, most importantly, it was quiet. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying in the Daddy Long Legs Independent Travellers Hotel is like being part of an interactive art exhibition. Each room is uniquely decorated by an artist, poet, photographer, designer or musician, creating different themes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Daddy Long Legs Boutique
- Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel Cape Town, South Africa