“Personal & Professional - A Quality Establishment”
Review of Sugar Hotel & Spa

Sugar Hotel & Spa
Ranked #68 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 9 December 2009

We had a fabulous stay at the Sugar Hotel and Spa and came away feeling totally relaxed and so well looked after. On leaving, the restaurant staff and hotel staff felt like friends who had made us feel so welcome, had treated us so well and made us feel like Cape Town was the best place on earth. The rooms were immaculate and modern in design - for me, the bathroom were the best feature of the room - with the wet room approach and heated floors that had spot lights. Overall I found the rooms a little too dark for my liking.
It was the passion of the two guys in the restaurant that really stole the show for me - their enthusiasm for what they do and for life in general is infectious. They cater for you individually depending on what you feel like eating and the dishes we had were absolutely delicious. You can't help but leave the restaurant and the hotel with a big smile on your face.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 December 2009

In Capetown over the weekend. A good hotel. Location ok, just a 10 minute walk down to the waterfront, and a few good restaurants just down the road. Check-in was standard, for some reason my Amex would not work there (did everywhere else in SA), so lucky I had a MC also. Found my room really comfortable. Everything felt new. Decor was a modern steel grey look. Large flat screen TV, stereo system. Large bathroom, large balcony with own private swimming pool, but pool quite small so swimming is actually impossible! My one complaint about the room is that the bed is really short. I stand 182cm, and my feet and ankles hung off the end of the bed. Never experienced this before. Free wi-fi was great, but needed resetting by reception a couple times per day. The hotel has a boutique bar and restaurant, Le Tique (seperate onwership and management) , which appears to only have hotel guests frequent it, despite being open to the public. It is only very new, so perhaps early days. The restaurant owner, Anton is a very hospitable young man, and really went out of his way to ensure my stay was pleasant; offering meals to suit my palate, advice on sightseeing etc. It is probably because of him, that I left the hotel with a very positive attitude about it. Check-out was smooth, and even had the Hotel owner introduce himself and assist with my luggage. Very likely to return.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Excellent hotel with very friendly service. Rooms not very large, but have a nice terrace - some also with a small pool. Location is ok, although I recommend taxis for waterfront and long street (walking distance 20-25 minutes). Internet in all rooms.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2009

Very nice hotel, very friendly and helpful people. It was the right decision to stay at this hotel because it made my trip to Cape Town perfect. I felt at home because of the warm and friendly atmosphere and it was easy for me to get in contact with the staff people and other guests due to the familiar situation.
When I have to go to Cape Town again I have already choosen my hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2009

That's what you are if you are a guest of the Sugar Hotel: one of seven. With only seven rooms, all the hotel's staff are not only at your beck and call, they anticipate your needs. So much so in fact that a friend who overheard a phone call I made to Wonder at the hotel's reception thought I was speaking to my personal assistant.

Over and above the excellent service, the rooms are superb and the hotel is in a great location; only a short walk to Green Point's Cape Quarter and also to Sea Point's promenade.

The only thing I would change about my stay at Sugar Hotel is to stay for longer.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2009

I could not fault it in any aspect but I specially admire the way EVERYONE from the room cleaner to the hotel owner made me feel as if I was the only client they have. Everyone was very helpful attentive and made me feel I am a special guest to this wonderful place. The room was much wider than any hotel I have been to. It was fully equipped. There was a special place to park my car. Restaurent staff were excellent and always made a special effort to accomodate my requests. I strongly recommend this hotel to any visitor be it for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Loved the hotel, such a great location close the to V&A and other attractions. Thanks to Nkosi, Wonder and Giles for recommending trips, places to eat and a special 'thank you' for arranging a champagne breakfast for my partner's birthday. We specially liked the small hotel environment which means you aren't just another hotel guest - the personal attention made such a difference, great customer service!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple