“wine & chocolate - win win!”
Review of KWV

KWV
Saint Louis, Missouri
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“wine & chocolate - win win!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I've been to KWV before on previous trips but my fave visit was in November 2012. I took a friend in since we were staying closeby. Actually, the power was out on the date we went, but the service was still flawless and we tasted by candlelight! This is not my favorite place for wines but I do enjoy the variety they offer. I did the chocolate and wine tasting which I REALLY enjoyed.

Visited November 2012

South Africa
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Brandy kicks!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We did the brandy tour and tasting just to do something deferent to the standard wine tasting. I have to admid , I was surprised about the taste differences and we realy learned a lot. What you have to be carefull of is the kick. Belive me if you are not use to 'hard' drinks , this excersise will bend your knees on the way out. But it

Visited October 2012
Denver, Colorado
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great wine tour”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Great wine tasting, offering a great selection of South African wines and variety of blends, well priced too

Visited July 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Still maintain its standards”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Always a trendsetter - keeps coming out with new tastes and styles - excellent tasting facilities in Paarl

Visited September 2011
Paarl, South Africa
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Update on my Previous Review”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I wrote the first TripAdvisor review on this attraction in 2009. I enjoyed it and was very positive about the brandy tasting in particular. My view was changed utterly by a recent visit. Not only has the price jumped, but the five tastings have been reduced by the elimination of the excellent Imoya from what is offered. The previous Belgian chocolates have been replaced by something that is quite inferior. The previous excellent staff have been replaced by others who showed no enthusiasm or personality, and seemed far more interested in getting their packing up done in order to get home (more than half an hour before closing time). We did also try the new liquour and chocolate tasting, which is a good innovation, featuring Lindt chocolates which must have been among the worst ever produced by that firm. I can't vouch for prices of wine sold by the bottle, but brandy prices have been increased disproportionately. I doubt that I'll be back anytime soon and do not recommend it to anyone any more.

Visited May 2012