This hotel is excellent under any possible aspect.
Room are not called with numbers, but with names. Mine was on te first floor with a nice balcony and an awesome view toward Capetown. Architectonically very interesting because it was the room below the roof, with all the wooden beams on show and a very high ceiling. Provided with all possible amenities like a large LCD screen, a DVD reader, and an Ipod amplifier. Room comfort is excellent. Very silent, not completely shaded from light because of a very stilish circular window which is not possible to close, but it's ok. Large Queen Bed and light dimming control all over the room.
Toilet is amazing. Double washbasin. Shower with window over the city. Having shower at dawn with Capetown awakening is an experience!
Breakfast is very good, with buffet fresh choice of item, plus a daily varied ready-cooked food to order, beside the classic British breakfast (egg, bacon,....).
Last but not least the staff is amazing.
We arrrived late, for Capetown standard, but we were offered complete assistance for room checking in and restaurant choicing.
Best of all each morning we were provided with a complete assistance on what to see, how to see it, what to book, where to eat.
We were, for example suggested to book the table mountain cableway and it was done for us completely free of charge, just the price for the booking. it saved us at least one hour of queu, due to the bad weather in previous days.
We will miss the Lindt bits of choccolate every evening we come back to our room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Rosmead has all the characteristics of a boutique style hotel; its location, style, authenticity and our personal service all contribute to re-defining the Cape Town travel experience. Built in 1903, Four Rosmead is a classified monument that has been sensitively and stylishly re-modeled. The result is a Cape contemporary classic with a rich history. Interiors are chic with a subtle, yet distinctive African spirit enhanced by original South African artwork. Accommodation consists of eight bespoke en-suite bedrooms. Some rooms have a fireplace, private garden, balcony or courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Rosmead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Rosmead Hotel Cape Town Central
- 4 Rosmead
- Four Rosmead Cape Town, South Africa