We stayed here in August and found it to be an ideal place to stay in Cape Town. Although it's not in the heart of the city, it really did not matter. We did the two hop-on/ hop-off tours which can be picked up a 6-7 minute walk away (possibly longer on way back after a long day, as it's up hill!) The staff are happy to call a taxi if you need to get anywhere else. We also walked through gardens to visit the market in the city; it's just a bit too far to walk to the Waterfront unless you are feeling energetic. Our room was spacious and clean with everything we needed. Although there was a problem with the heating when we arrived, we were quickly given a heater which solved the problem and kept us cosy. The breakfasts are large and varied, with more than enough to set you up for the day. Our host on arrival could have been more welcoming, a smile would have helped - I thought it was me being 'picky', but my husband thought she was less then warm in her welcome too. However, the following morning we met Jade who more than made up for that and could not have been more helpful with suggestions and bookings. She was then warm and friendly on every other occasion, always asking about our plans and if we had enjoyed our various outings. There are a couple of good places to eat nearby; Nelson's Eye, just down the road, may look nothing from the outside (we were put off until it was recommended by a local), but don't be misled.....the steaks are something else. It may look like a 1970's Bernie Inn inside , but the service and food are brilliant. Try it. We also tried an Italian called Da Vinci's on Kloof St, about a ten minute walk away. Ok, it is a regular sort of place, but the service was excellent, the ostrich burger great and the pizza well above expectation. We just wanted something quick and simple that we didn't have to go miles for and it fitted the bill perfectly. Do not be put off by the fact 4 Rosmead is a little out of town, it is a perfect base and makes a lovely change to large imprersonal hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Rosmead has all the characteristics of a boutique style hotel; its location, style, authenticity and our personal service all contribute to re-defining the Cape Town travel experience. Built in 1903, Four Rosmead is a classified monument that has been sensitively and stylishly re-modeled. The result is a Cape contemporary classic with a rich history. Interiors are chic with a subtle, yet distinctive African spirit enhanced by original South African artwork. Accommodation consists of eight bespoke en-suite bedrooms. Some rooms have a fireplace, private garden, balcony or courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Four Rosmead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Rosmead Hotel Cape Town Central
- 4 Rosmead
- Four Rosmead Cape Town, South Africa