We had a great stay in Cape Town, made all the more enjoyable by having a fantastic base a stone's throw from Kloof Street. We kick-started every day with a hearty breakfast, and the attentive service of Jade, Sonja and Nadine who are always on hand to help with lots of friendly tips.
The ambience is calm and relaxing, and I became very fond of the verandah overlooking the courtyard and (small) pool. Our room also had great light, with both a city and a mountain view.
My only criticism is that when the notorious Cape Town wind was whirling the room was very noisy, which made it hard to sleep. Saying that, it wouldn't put us off returning. I'm pretty confident that we'll be back as Four Rosmead won a fond place in our hearts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Rosmead has all the characteristics of a boutique style hotel; its location, style, authenticity and our personal service all contribute to re-defining the Cape Town travel experience. Built in 1903, Four Rosmead is a classified monument that has been sensitively and stylishly re-modeled. The result is a Cape contemporary classic with a rich history. Interiors are chic with a subtle, yet distinctive African spirit enhanced by original South African artwork. Accommodation consists of ten bespoke en-suite bedrooms. Some rooms have a fireplace, private garden, balcony or courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Four Rosmead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Rosmead
- Four Rosmead Hotel Cape Town Central
- Four Rosmead Cape Town, South Africa