We spent 5 days in Cape Town at the beginning of our holiday. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms well appointed, most with a private terrace. The breakfasts are beautifully prepared and abundant. Located in the suburbs o Table Mountain, a taxi is required for getting down to the waterfront and all other activities. We walked down to several nearby restaurants for dinner but safety requires that you cab back, even for 3 short blocks.
One of the highlights of our Cape Town adventure was retaining Selwyn Davidowitz as a guide of I Love Cape Town (www.ILoveCapeTown.com) for a day tour in a township near Stellenbosch. Although I was a little nervous about this, all four of us believe that, besides the lions, this was the highlight of our trip. Stretch yourself and go. It is safe, highly informative, emotional and you will leave with a better understanding of those that live in a township and the issues being faced on a daily basis.
Cape Town is a beautiful and wonderful city. Although we thougt that 5 days would be too long, we could have easily spent another day here because the shopping is the best in all of South Africa or Botswana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Rosmead has all the characteristics of a boutique style hotel; its location, style, authenticity and our personal service all contribute to re-defining the Cape Town travel experience. Built in 1903, Four Rosmead is a classified monument that has been sensitively and stylishly re-modeled. The result is a Cape contemporary classic with a rich history. Interiors are chic with a subtle, yet distinctive African spirit enhanced by original South African artwork. Accommodation consists of eight bespoke en-suite bedrooms. Some rooms have a fireplace, private garden, balcony or courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Rosmead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Rosmead Hotel Cape Town Central
- 4 Rosmead
- Four Rosmead Cape Town, South Africa