“What a nice surprise”

Cuisines: African, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

A group of us came to Starlight last night. A few of the ladies had been to your previous location, but I had no idea what to expect.
Wow! What an experience!
Our waitress , Nikita , was fantastic. She was friendly, quick, helpful and oh so talented!
All your waitrons are very talented! I've spent today telling all my friends what a wonderful experience I had.
The beef tagine was delicious, the chicken was ok, and I didn't try the seafood, but the ladies I was with seemed to enjoy it.
Oh my word the chocolate pudding was deeevine!

I've already hinted to my husband that I'd like to come back again soon.

2  Thank Heidi M
Lionel L, Owner at Stardust, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Heidi M
Thank you lots for your great review. I will pass on the positive remarks to Nikita that will be thrilled to hear of your report. I hope this will the first visit of many more, now that its not a surprise. When you come again please make yourself known to us so that we can thank you in person, appropriately . Lionel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I have always known about Stardust and I have always wanted to go there. However when I went there my first time on a whim with my partner it was an extremely different experience to what I had imagined. Everyone there was incredibly friendly and the food was superb. The environment felt like that of a fun family reunion and the waiters never make you feel left out of the action! It's an amazing concept that has been executed excellently! The owners are very accommodating and make sure that every customer is 100% satisfied! It's a really amazing atmosphere with great performances and every night seems like a different adventure! Do yourself a favour and check it out! You will not be sorry.

2  Thank Nicholas v
Lionel L, Owner at Stardust, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Nicholasv, I think that we (the owners) are going to see lots of you since your discovery and that makes me smile from ear to ear. I really wish to thank you for your extremely kind words . Every night is different at Stardust with totally different performances so that you can live on top of the rock for many month to come.
Please visit soon and make yourself know to us so that we can personally appropriately thank you for your great review.
Lionel and Racheli

Reviewed 22 August 2014

So glad we made the choice to experience amazing food, service and talented theatre performances! Highly recommend this restaurant for anyone!

1  Thank linda-louise900
Lionel L, Owner at Stardust, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Lindaloiuse900 - what an awesome guest. So glad you came to experience our restaurant if you didn't we would not have this amazing review. WOW THANKS SO MUCH !!!! please continue and recommend this restaurant to anyone but ask them to mention your name so that we can spoil them rotten. On that note come and visit us soon so that we can spoil you as a token of appreciation for your great and kind words.
Lionel

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Had heard about a previous venue where the owners had their first restaurant, friends said it was a great night out. Well it might have been but their new venue is a lot better than a great night out, it is an outstanding night out. A combination of great food and fantastic entertainment makes this one of the best places I have been to in years. I travel all over the world and this is up there with the best. I wish them well and can only hope I have to come back to Cape Town sometime soon.

1  Thank SFL624

Dear SFL624,
As the owners of Stardust we couldn't have asked for a kinder and better review. Your words echo in my mind and make me smile - thank you so much for that. Please return to visit soon as we would love to meet the face behind the wonderful review and express our personal gratitude.
Lionel and Racheli

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Awesome cocktails, delicious food and fantastic service! I thoroughly enjoyed the performances and will definitely be back in the near future!

1  Thank Isabelle S
Lionel L, Owner at Stardust, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thumbs UP for hands down ... when you visit again the first cocktail is on the house as a gesture of thanks for your great revue - hope to see you soon again