What ever you do, do not book into this place. It was absolutely terrible. We had booked for 4 nights but checked out before 8 the following morning after our first night. The room was poky, dark and dingy, the duvet cover did not fit the duvet so half of it was tucked under the bed. The basin was blocked and there was a dirty bucket with who knows what which was soaking in it for who knows how long before we arrived. I have never stayed in such an awful place in all my life.
There was no coffee or facilities in the room, and when i asked where we would get coffee from they said for an extra R100 we could have coffee in the morning at the so called eating place in the doorway of the main entrance.
The one night stay was a nightmare and after explaining why we were checking out they still refused to refund us our deposit which we had paid upfront.
i am surprised this place is still running
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centred in the heart of De Waterkant Village The Village Lodge, The Townhouse suites, The Villa and De Waterkant Cottages have gained a strong reputation for providing high quality accommodation. All rooms are en-suite and are equipped with satellite TV, direct dial telephones, safes and wireless internet. The Villa, Townhouse suites and cottages offer guests their own private space with home comforts in unique individually styled properties. Reception, restaurant, pools, bars and designer home style shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your The Village Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Lodge Portfolio Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Village Hotel Portfolio
- Village Hotel Cape Town
- The Village Lodge Cape Town, South Africa