The Village Lodge and its staff surpassed all of our expectations on customer service. I feel like I’ve known Candice (Office Manager) for years because of our months of correspondence.
Although we had a slight hiccup upon arrival, as our booked property was not available, Candice did her best to get us to a property that was comparable. We had everything we needed on our last property and both stays were beautiful and lovely.
The neighborhood is so picturesque and the views from the rooftops are amazing. The breakfast was always fresh. We enjoyed sitting on the patio and enjoying the mornings sipping our coffee. Chris, Emeralda, Angelica, and Andries at the restaurant were all very attentive. Especially noteworthy is a night when we lost electricity in part of the house. Chris (Restaurant Manager) personally walked us to the townhouse and tried to fix the problem. There was no immediate remedy. He was able to offer us batteries for the alarm clocks as we had an early Safari adventure the next day, which we did not want to miss.
Mogamad the electrician did his best to improve/fix our satellite channels in both properties and Caroline and Belinda made sure our places were kept full of amenities and were clean and neat. We appreciated them greatly.
The staff’s attentiveness was a welcome change from the hustle and bustle here at home. Cape Town was a wonderful place to visit. Candice, Nasira, and Kim always greeted us with a smile and were only eager to help us with our travel plans and adventures. We booked a car with the Lodge, through someone that they work closely with. They did not ask us to get any extra insurance as the corporate chains at the aiport did. At the airport they wanted to hold $1,000 on our card!
Everything that they advised us to do, we greatly enjoyed and had a thrill doing them. Especially the shopping. There are great restaurants in the Village and some a short walk away. Walk during the day, but either drive or take a taxi at night.
Although the neighborhood is fairly safe, always keep your wits about at night. There are security personnel that would follow behind us as we walked to and from the residences. This was a welcome gesture.
We plan on returning soon, and we will not hesitate booking a property with the Village Lodge as we now know that excellence is not an expected service but guaranteed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centred in the heart of De Waterkant Village The Village Lodge, The Townhouse suites, The Villa and De Waterkant Cottages have gained a strong reputation for providing high quality accommodation. All rooms are en-suite and are equipped with satellite TV, direct dial telephones, safes and wireless internet. The Villa, Townhouse suites and cottages offer guests their own private space with home comforts in unique individually styled properties. Reception, restaurant, pools, bars and designer home style shop. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Village Lodge Portfolio Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Village Hotel Portfolio
- Village Hotel Cape Town
- The Village Lodge Cape Town, South Africa