“Not that much vrooom!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Cape Town, South Africa
“Not that much vrooom!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Bed was not made on arrival. Overhead light in room didn't want to switch off. Kitchen cupboard hinge was broken(door was hanging loose). Tea/Coffee station crockery was not paired. Nice themed room though!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hippotique, General Manager at Hippo Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear H_CapeTown,

I would like to humbly apologise for delay in check in at 14h00 and your room not being ready and are truly sad to hear about your overall hotel experience.

I would like to assure you that we pride ourselves in delivering the best guest service and strive to get the basics right consistently. Your experience does not reflect the high standard we are usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that your concerns are being addressed in a serious light and that action is being taken to rectify any shortcomings in our service and facilities.

We look forward to welcome you back to Hippo boutique Hotel when next you travel to Cape Town to show you our hospitality at its best!

Sasha O'Hare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Grahamstown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

There is not a bad thing I can say about the Hippo Boutique Hotel!
Thank you for an absolutely awesome experience - knowledgeable, well trained and friendly staff, starting with Sasha!
The rooms are wonderfully appointed, comfortable and spacious, and all needs catered for!

Dear Simon V,

Thank you for taking the time write down a review about your recent stay with us at Hippo Boutique Hotel and your very kind words expressed. I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed your stay! Please be assured that I will congratulate our TEAM!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hippo Boutique Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Montelupo Fiorentino
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We found a very good price for this hotel in Cape Town. The team is very professional and kind they can help you for every need. The only thing that is a little poor is breakfast because you have breakfast at the restaurant located below and food choise is limited and service very slow.
The wi-fi connection is very good.

Dear Raika P,

Thank you for taking the time to write down your positive feedback after your recent stay with us at Hippo Boutique Hotel!

We appreciate all feedback from our guests as we assess each hotel experience in detail. I am pleased to confirm that we are currently looking into the hotels breakfast set up to ensure that this too is a positive experience for us guests.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hippo Boutique Hotel again should your travels being you back to Cape Town!

Cape Town, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was very impressed with the professional service and friendliness. The rooms are outstanding and impeccable. The only problem I had, needing a balcony room we had to put up with the noise from the Fat Cactus below until 1:05am in the morning. I put up with this as there were other rooms available but I specifically asked for a balcony. The downside is that I asked a staff member, whose name I can't remember, to book a hair appointment for me due to attending a function the Saturday evening. She phoned me to my room to inform me that the appointment had been booked for 16:15 that Saturday afternoon. Upon my arrival at the hairdresser, I was informed that they closed at 16:00 and there were no other salons available. I am unsure of the discrepancy in information, but I had to rush around to get my own hair done. This will not deter me from staying there again, as it was clearly a staff issue and not the hotel, but the inconvenience it caused did leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a balcony.
Dear Rene,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. We rely on guest feedback to determine both the positive and negative aspects of our hotel and to improve wherever possible. Guest feedback is imperative for us to ensure whether or not we are meeting and exceeding our guests expectations.

Your feedback has therefore been truly invaluable to us.
I am sorry to hear that you your recent stay has left somewhat of a sour taste in your mouth, but I would like to reassure you that your hotel experience has been taken seriously and that we are currently looking as solutions to the noise concern and putting procedures in place to ensure that any guest bookings/reservations for outside services are followed up with to avoid any potential future errors/miscommunications.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hippo Boutique Hotel again in the near future so that we should have another opportunity to show you Hippo Boutique hospitality at its best!

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to stay in Cape town. Nice room, in a great neighberhood with a variety of restaurants. You even get the breakfest out in a cafe in the morning. Nice and fresh! Hippo is heighly reccomended.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Marte S,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel!

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us at Hippo Boutique Hotel! It certainly was a pleasure to have you stay with us, thank you for choosing Hippo Boutique Hotel!

Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Usually I stay in Camps Bay, I rent a nice Guest House and I'm quite happy with that. I need a more central location and I bounced into the Hippo Boutique Hotel. What a nice surprise. The rooms a spacious, clean and decorated with taste. Staff is very kind and efficient. Good spato to work but also a small kitchen if you want to eat in, although you don't need to because there are at least 5 restaurant on the same road. They have parking (free for guests). The only thing I didn't like was the extremely slow internet connections. When I left they told me I should have notified them earlier because they have a VIP connection also. Next time I will. I'll definitely visit them again. PS: Ask reception to visit the Redbull suite or, if you can, book it!

Room Tip: If you can get the Redbull suite, the Mini Suite or room 320.
1 Thank Simone_Zanetti
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hippotique, General Manager at Hippo Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Simone Z,

Thank you very much for taking the time to craft this wonderful review of Hippo Boutique Hotel on TripAdvisor. We highly appreciate your feedback and kind words regarding our top notch service, beautiful aesthetics, and accommodations.
I am pleased to report that we are currently in the process of upgrading our internet infrastructure which you should find very satisfactory on your next visit.
When your travels next bring you to Cape Town, I am confident and looking forward to creating many more unique experiences, and of course, world-class service.