“Little gem in Sea Point”

Mountview Spa and Guest House
Ranked #59 of 155 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Woking
“Little gem in Sea Point”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This was my second business trip to Cape Town. The last visit I stayed in the city and this time in Sea Point. The location was good and central to what I had to do. The staff at Mountview were charming. The place was spotless and the breakfasts were more than I expected. I can thoroughly recommend Mountview. The weather was not warm enough to enjoy the swimming pool or the jacuzzi so maybe next time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

After reviewing several places we opted for Mountview. We were definitely happy with our selection. Mountview was perfectly located as we had our own vehicle. It was relatively easy to get to all the sites. It was a 5 minute drive to town and Camps Bay. On our arrival the owner gave us a map and showed us where all the relevant places were which was a great help.

We really had such a splendid time in Cape Town and at Mountview that we extended our stay.The place is very well decorated and clean.We were a couple and would recommend it to other couples.

Room Tip: We had the room with the king size bed
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Recommended by friends and not dissappointed. the host was great and helpful.We found that we were centrally located.The road was busy but we had no problem with that as the rooms were quiet. It was not far at all to walk to the main road with some good restaurants. All the restaurants that we went to were recommended by the host and they were great.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to look alike
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had a lovely time at Mountview guesthouse. Everybody helpful and place looks very good, staff friendly and close to walk to beach. Breakfast was good and many restaurants down the road with good food and wine. Beautiful guesthouse.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed at Mountview for 12 days - and I have absolutely no complaints, but only good things to say about the management, the service, and the place. Whatever I wanted, the folks at Mountview made it happen for me - with absolute no hassle. Really, they were fantastic.

I was there to do some research and because I love nature, which makes Sea Point (this area of Cape Town) pretty much perfect. You can step outside the guesthouse and walk onto the tracks that take you to Lion's Head (and to Table Mountain if you're really fit). Also, the ocean (with its magnificent waves) are only 5 minutes walk away, as are several restaurants and shops etc.

If you are the kind of person who likes to "visit" nature, but strongly prefer hardcore city life, then I'd recommend staying downtown Cape Town. It takes about 40 minutes to walk downtown from Mountview, and it's a little too quiet in this area for such people, I think. But I was not one of them, but one of those who go to CT to enjoy the amazing nature with city life within relatively easy reach. So, for me, Mountview was simply terrific.

For those who likes nothing more than the ocean is that you cannot see the ocean from the guesthouse. It has a lovely pool etc., but you cannot sit and enjoy the waves outside the window or something. For me, again, this was not a problem.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is the second time that I have s
tayed at this guest house and enjoyed it so much that I decided to write a review.The place is exceptionally clean and rooms were warm.Noticed that there were air cons in the rooms too.We were treated as if it was our first time at the guest house again and no request was too much for the staff.Breakfast was more than adequate.There were a few changes to the guest house that we noticed from the last visit,particularly outside.Am always happy to return to Mountview. Well done team.

• Stayed July 2013
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was the first time I travelled alone in a while. I was a little scared but left feeling great. Joe made my mini break in Cape Town awesome. All the advice was useful and I felt totally safe. Sea Point is a great area to stay in as it is central to all the toursit spots I visited.My room was spotless and the breakfast was more than adequate. I took the restaurant tips from Joe and was not dissapointed. Hope to be back if not just to see Beaumont...lovely dog. Thanks to the staff too.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo