“Perfectly located guest house with friendly and caring staff”
Review of Acorn House

Acorn House
Stuttgart, Germany
“Perfectly located guest house with friendly and caring staff”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Tastefully furnished house with caring staff that really makes you feel at home from the very first moment. They set the table in the garden for our picknick and gave us good advice for our footwalk on the mountain table. Breakfast was excellent. We were there as a family with two teenagers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 377Brig3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
Stockholm
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at Acorn House for 4 days and really enjoyed the stay! The place has a relaxing atmosphere, service minded staff and a lovely breakfast. All making us feel at home.
The guesthouse is located in a quiet area with a really nice view over Cape Town.
We would love to come back to Cape Town AND Acorn House!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

A wonderful location nestling right under Table Mountain, this was a wonderful place to spend our first three nights in South Africa. We were welcomed with a pot of tea and a piece of cake and Denise was very keen to help us identify something for us to do on our first afternoon. She even offered to lend us 200 Rand until we could manage to get to an ATM machine. The guest house is a relatively short taxi ride away from the centre of Cape Town and the Waterfront Area (taxi one-way was about 70 Rand). There were a couple of small issues - there could have been some soundproofing on the upper floor as movement above generated quite a lot of noise and the hot water took forever to filter through when using the shower or washbasin. These are only minor issues, however, and did not have an real adverse effect on our stay there. We would certainly recommend Acorn House to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a terrific stay here thanks, especially, to Stewart and the girls, who did so much for us.

The guest house is simply but comfortably furnished and a great place to stay on a trip to Cape Town.

We arrived from the heat of Namibia and it was great to be able to sit in front of a wood fire in the drawing room to take the chill off the evening air. Our bedroom was very comfortable and spacious while breakfast was extensive with cooked items freshly made. The complimentary coffee and port was well-received and it was great to be able to have an honesty bar available - at very reasonable prices!

It is a wonderful place to stay and all the staff are superb. They gave us advice on where to eat, what to visit, how to get there, booked taxis and reserved restaurant tables for us. All in all, they made our stay in Cape Town very, very enjoyable and very easy and we cannot thank them enough.

If we are back in Cape Town again we will definitely be booking in at the Acorn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ardfernbob
Randburg, South Africa
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I spent two weeks at Acorn House, and I can genuinely say that this is the best Bed and Breakfast that I have stayed at bar none.

Stewart, Denise and Lisa made my stay a pleasure, and I felt welcome from the moment I arrived to when I sadly had to leave.

Note to the traveler, remember to spend time with Kaya the Jack Russel. She will greet you with a rubber ball and a wag of the tail, and ten minutes a day playing with her on the lawn in front of the guesthouse is the perfect remedy for after work stress.

Acorn House is not only the best place to rest your weary bones after a day seeing clients, it is also the perfect virtual office away from home. If you have time between meetings you can enjoy the atmosphere while working from your room (small desks are provided in each room I stayed in) or in the lounge, where if you work late the fireplace will be lit for you.

The location is perfect for Cape Town business, as everything of importance is at most 30minutes away.

For a stay of this caliber I would expect to pay at least double, and I can recommend this to anyone who needs to do business in Cape Town and wants a place to stay.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the rooms facing away from the mountain, Chaimowitz is excellent. If that is availa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank QuintinZA
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We enjoyed a 3 night stay at Acorn House in March 2014. We arrived early having flown overnight from London and we were very pleased to be able to access our accomodation on arrival. You can imagine our delight when we opened the door and found that we had a suite with our own lounge area as well as our ensuite bedroom!! Acorn House was a very welcoming and comfortable base during a very busy 3 days in Cape Town. Stewart and the staff could not have done more to help us settle in and make the most of our stay. This included advising us on restaurant options, making bookings for us and giving us very helpful directions when our hire car was delivered and we were leaving Cape Town to begin our journey along the Garden Route.
We loved our trip to South Africa and would like to return to see more. Acorn House will definately be on our list of places we will re-visit!!

Room Tip: All accomodation at Acorn House is good but we really enjoyed the extra space the suite gave us - es...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My stay at the Acorn House was amazing! I was hesitant because it was away from the waterfront where I had originally wanted to stay, but after reading the reviews I decided to stay here. Wow- it definitely made my whole stay in Cape Town. It ended up being only a 70 Rand 10 minute taxi ride to the water front, its nestled in right next to Table Mountain and is so peaceful. Beautiful views from the rooms too. I stayed in the Stewart room and it was a gorgeous, comfortable room, and all the personal touches like fresh lavender on my pillow, and a special welcome note on my bed when I arrived. The house is so old in a beautiful, historic way. They had wonderful music playing throughout the day, and a nice fire going in the evenings in the sitting room area. Breakfast was fantastic to say the least. Fresh cheese, jams, bread, cereal, milk, coffee, tea are all laid out and they also offer to cook a hot breakfast dish for you as well. Their omelet was to die for! The staff truly made my stay at the Acorn House even better than I had thought. They were incredibly helpful and went out of their way to make my stay more enjoyable. One morning I woke up before sunrise to go on a tour, and they made sure I had a packed lunch bag to hold me over at lunch, and prepared coffee for me as well. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Cape Town! Thank you Acorn House staff - you made my time in Cape Town unforgettable!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo