“Best spa in South Africa”

Angsana Spa Vineyard Hotel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a virtual tour of this special hideaway for blissful rejuvenation. Angsana Spa has ten lavish spa rooms, as well as a specially equipped Rainmist room. Our spa treatments are designed with only one purpose in mind - to ensure that when you leave you are naturally refreshed and revitalized. The signature Ayurvedic Rainmist spa treatment is particularly recommended as a truly luxurious revitalizer that will soothe you to sheer heaven. Angsana Spa presents a fine selection of Asian-inspired therapies, developed using natural ingredients like fruits and flowers and aromatherapy. Let the intuitive touch of Angsana Spa therapists, who were formally trained at Banyan Tree Spa Academies, relax and revitalise the body, mind and soul. The historic Vineyard Hotel is well known for its tranquil charm and beautiful setting in the heart of picturesque Cape Town in South Africa. Its sprawling landscaped gardens are flanked by the magnificent Table Mountain, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens and Liesbeeck River, creating a spectacular retreat.
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This has been my 5th time at the Spa and definitely not the last. I have never had a bad experience at Angsana, in fact my experience is always excellent. The ladies are very professional and the best massage therapists that u will find. You always feel so relaxed by the ambiance and even more relaxed when you leave

3  Thank Ivo A

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Recently I tried two massages offered by Angsana.

I do highly recommend that you check in the spa menu exactly what the massage you book entails so that you get exactly what you want - i.e some massages are purely meant to relax you, whilst others are stronger massages to work on knots and stiff muscles etc.

The dreams massage, is the ultimate relaxing massage. The perfect way to rid yourself of all stress and simply enjoy some you time. I thoroughly enjoyed this massage!

The fusion massage is slight firmer/stronger than the dreams massage and it helped me get rid of some of the tension in my shoulders which was great. The only thing I didn't like about the fusion massage was the stretching. They do ask before they start whether you are happy to be stretched, and I did say yes, as in the past i have always liked stretching as part of a massage. However the massage therapists pushed me too far when stretching me. They need to be careful not to push a stretch too far, especially when the weather is cold at the moment and so muscles are not warm. Specifically, when she stretched my back she pulled on my arms forcing my back up way too high, which hurt my back. In fact it took a couple of days for my back to come right. So moral of the story - don't say yes to being stretched here.

Otherwise I find the spa to be relaxing and enjoyable. The massage therapists can be pretty hard to understand as they have thick accents. But they are all very friendly and listen to your requests.

This spa is pricier than other spas in Cape Town, but the ambience and relaxing massages make it worth the extra cost.

2  Thank Caroline T
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I went on two occasions, having treated myself with the rare Groupon special. I had an amazing massage both times, true Asian therapists who literally seem to move up your back and click everything back into place while leaving you feeling very relaxed. The setting is out of this world and the second time we followed it with their wonderful High Tea. it's true food for the soul and I highly recommend it

2  Thank VanessaatVtravel
Reviewed 8 March 2013

My husband and I went for a couples' massage over our honeymoon. We opted for the Signature Angsana massage and were escorted into a beautiful treatment room with private access to an outdoor garden. The whole setting was peaceful and romantic. However, I was not overly impressed with the lobby area of the spa (seemed cluttered and not well decorated) and the bathrooms (unisex, not very clean).

We also had a few awkward moments in the spa treatment room as our massage therapists did not communicate very well in English as to whether we should fully undress, wear our robes, get under the sheet before they came back in, etc. We also had the same difficulty after our treatment as they served us tea while I was naked in the shower...and then my husband was nervous about getting undressed as he wasn't sure whether they were coming back in! It wasn't a huge deal, but some clearer communication, especially during a romantic massage where the couple is supposed to have some private relaxation time, would have been appreciated.

We were very pleased with the massage itself, good pressure and very relaxing. Overall, I would suggest this experience to anyone looking for an affordable, relaxing treatment with your significant other.

3  Thank Jen and Troy L
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My mom and I went for a full spa treatment. It was wonderful. The gentle Thai girls are an absolute pleasure as they make one so relaxed, and comfortable - yet are so unobtrusive they remind you of fairies. We had the rain mist treatment which one has a scrub you choose rubbed all over your body, you are wrapped in a cocoon and the led in your gown and slippers to a machine that sprays warmish water over your body in a wave... It was an amazing experience. The ginger tea and slices of melon are a welcome cleansing as is the jug of water. They then rub you from head to toe with cream and nourishment. There are many treatments one can have, from massages to, facial, to pedicures and I have bed numerous times. The treatment is always fabulous. Despite being pricy for us South Africans it is a little bit of heaven looking over the gardens up to the mountain. It is an absolute must if you stay at the Vineyard and need a pick me up. Glorious and light headed I left feeling like a goddess!!!

2  Thank Scotalottodo